Chapter 16- The Meeting

"Get away from me, no, I'm not going to hear it, how could you do that to me?" I asked as I tried to get away from Rodrigo as he tried to touch me.

“ You can't be that mad, I knew he wasn't going to cause you any harm," Rodrigo tried to reason with me.

“ You know how much I hate that man yet you let him take me, is that how a best friend should act? You didn't even try, you just let him take me! You just gave up without a fight," I said as I went around the table and he kept following me like we were children.

“ Come on you of all people should know that if he was going to cause you harm I'll break his nose before he can even get close to you,” he said.

" It still doesn't make sense to me, you gave me away that's all I can think about, stay away from me, it was like you were giving your blessing,” I said and he just rolled his eyes.

" You're being dramatic Lilly,”

" Really, I'm being dramatic?” I asked as I stopped to glare at him.

" Do you know what happened last night? Scott was at my house for whatever reason and he saw that annoying man kiss me…”

" He kissed you?”

" Shut up and let me finish,” I said and he raised his hand in surrender just like he did last night instead of taking me from that man.

“ Things got complicated and he left, I've been trying to call him but he wouldn't pick my calls, I'm sad Rodrigo, I'm sad,” I said as I walked to my chair and fell on it in frustration.

" Don't feel sad, you know we have a plan, I talked to Rosabella last night and she said she already knows what to do," He said and that immediately pique my interest.

“ What is the plan?" I asked.

“ I can't tell you it's a surprise," he said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

“ We're supposed to do everything together then how come you won't tell me what she plan on doing?” I asked as I folded my hands looking at him.

" It's a surprise, I can't tell you," he said with a smile.

" I hate you,”

" No you don't,”

" Get out of my office!” I said as I stood up and started pushing him towards the door.

" Hey, I'm your best friend I'm supposed to be where you are, how can you treat me like this?” He asked as I opened the door and pushed him out.

" Yeah, says the best friend that would let me get taken by my most hated enemy. Samantha make sure this man doesn't enter my office again,” I said but she just laughed, she knew that was easier said than done.

I closed the door in his face as I heard him laugh from outside and I couldn't help but smile before I walked back to my chair.

I've got some work to do, I mean, a lot of work to do.

I had to look at all the financial reports of everything that had been happening in this hotel before I became manager, I couldn't afford any slip up.

I heard a light knock on my door and I knew it was time.

“ Come in please," I said as the door opened as my secretary walked in.

“ Miss Vincent, it's time for your meeting," My secretary said.

" Alright, let's go,” I said as I took my bag and we both walked out of my office heading to the meeting room.

When I walked into the meeting room the employees stood up.

“ It's alright, sit down please," I said as everyone took their seats while I walked to mine as my secretary took a seat beside me.

“ So without wasting time, I'd like you all to give me information on any ongoing project and everything that has been going on. I've reviewed some documents but I'm not done, go ahead I want to know how you do things here let's work together," I said.

" We're happy that you're the new manager,” Why did I feel like that was a lie but I didn't say anything I just listened. You know I'm the spoiled brat and all.

" We've been planning on adding more continental dishes to our menu, this is going to be an opportunity to attract more people to our hotel, imagine someone from Africa coming to our hotel but we only have more of European food on the menu, so I think we should explore dishes from other continent and add it to the menu,” This guy have been waiting for the perfect time to say this.

“ That's good, we'll look into that, any other thing anyone would like to say?" I asked.

“ Miss Vincent I also…" he was stopped of whatever he wanted to say as the door burst open.

" Am I late?”