Chapter 40- Plan B?

It felt like déjà vu, like I was watching a horror movie replay.

I knew it, I knew that something was definitely going to go wrong, I should have listened to my instinct, I should have just listened.

I turned to Rodrigo and he looked like he'd rather be anywhere but here.

Everyone, and when I say everyone, I meant my nosy ass whole family, my aunties, uncles, cousins even Emilia was here.

“ What is the meaning of this? Why did you lie to me Lucia?" I turned to my cousin who looked like she would disappear out of here any second.

“ I'm sorry," she whispered. I have a feeling that she was forced to do this and she played the perfect actress like someone who was held at gunpoint.

I finally turned to the culprit who was on one knee with a big bouquet in his hand, in fact the entire place was covered with flowers.

“ What are you doing in my house Antonio? Why don't you go to your other woman?" I asked in anger,

" Please my dear, hear my son out, he's sorry, he has apologized and nothing like that would ever happen, please give him a chance,” his mother said and I didn't like that she sounded convincing, I didn't want her to be convincing.

" But you saw, all you, you saw what happened, he was with another woman, what makes you all think that he won't go after other women when we get married?” I asked,

" Please Lilly, look how much of a good man he is, he apologized to the entire family and now he's willing to apologize to you in front of everyone,” he could as well take his apology and shove it up his ass, because I didn't want it and I don't give two shits about it.

“ Please Lilly," the bastard finally spoke and I narrowed my eyes on him in slits, he should know that if looks could kill he'd be dead by now.

“ I'm not going to listen to what you have to say," I said and was about to walk away, but the look from everyone made me stop, they were all looking at me like I was the bad guy.

“ I know I did wrong but please listen to me, it was a mistake and I regret my action, it was all supposed to be a hangout with friends but they didn't make it and I ended up being the only who came, I swear we just got drunk and started messing around but I promise you, that would never happen again, I'll be a loyal husband to you, please give me a chance," he begged and I decided to take advantage of the situation,

Because come to think of it, he was on his knee with a bouquet begging me.

“ So you promise you'll be a faithful husband?" I asked him and he nodded,

“ Don't nod, tell my entire family you'll be a faithful husband to me," I said as I wiped nonexistent tears.

“ I'll be a faithful husband to you," he said and I could see the way his jaw clenched, that wasn't supposed to happen in the perfect script he planned.

“ All I want is for our families to be at peace but you went ahead to do something like this, do you know how I felt about that? You embarrassed me, Antonio, you embarrassed our family, people pointed fingers at me. I don't ever want to experience this again, I don’t want empty words,” I said with my hands folded in anger as I locked eyes with his mother who was desperately pleading I give her a chance.

“ She's overdoing it," I heard Emilia say but she was the least of my problems,

“ Please, I give you my word, I'll be faithful to you and only you," he said sincerely that if I didn't know this was all an act I'd believe him.

Now there was no way out, he has succeeded in winning everyone's heart with his fake act.

“ I forgive you,” I said and immediately his parents and mine cheered in happiness like they just scored a goal.

Antonio stood up and handed me the bouquet. The only thought in my mind was to shove it down his throat.

Without warning he pulled me into a hug and I gasped hating the fact that I liked the smell of his cologne. It's just his cologne that I like.

“ You know you're a very good actor, you'd get a role if you auditioned," I said and he chuckled,

“ Anything to have you in the palm of my hand," he whispered,

“ Fuck you," I spat before I pulled away from him, showing a fake smile to my family since that was what they wanted.

They all had a look of relief on their faces and it's all thanks to the perfect act this asshole put up.

“ Can I have a word with you please," Rodrigo suddenly said as he held my hand and dragged me away.

“ If you fucking say a word I'll punch you in the face, didn't I tell you it was fake?” I said as I glared at him,

“ It's not like any of us expected this," he said as he looked to where my family was before turning to me,

“ So what are we going to do, because right now it looks like there's going to be a wedding on Saturday, should we fall on plan B?" He asked but I shook my head and he looked at me in confusion,

“ What do you mean?" he asked and I smirked,

“ There would be a wedding because I've decided to marry Antonio,”

" What?!”