Chapter 30- Frustrated

I can't believe he left me here, he's a fucking bastard, I swear I'll kill him.

“ I'll kill that fucking bastard!" I spat in anger,

I took out my phone and checked for any available taxi but there was none around the area. I had a feeling he knew it was hard to get a taxi around this area that was why he dropped me here.

I decided to call my best friend to see if he could pick me but the phone rang for several minutes but there was no response.

I started walking as I kept trying his number but still I wasn't getting any response. He might be in a meeting and his phone wasn't with him.

I'm screwed.

I've been walking for over fifteen minutes and still I haven't seen any available taxis nor have my best friend picked my calls.

My office was still far away, this fucking man dropped me off where cars don't pass that often, no wonder he took this fucking route.

It was just me walking on the road with the woods on each side of me. What if a wild animal suddenly comes out and attacks me? What if something bad happened to me?

I was beginning to sweat and it was just morning.

This is frustrating.

“ Antonio Giovanni Gonzalez I swear I'll kill you!" I screamed in anger but it didn't make me feel any better.

I was walking when I heard a car coming from behind me. I quickly turned as I waved at the car but it just drove past me.

Are you serious?

Now when will the next car pass this God forsaken road.

No matter how long I walk I wouldn't be able to get to my office on foot and I had heels on, my legs were already aching.

I sighed as I stopped, unable to walk anymore. I'm going to stand here until I either get help or my best friend comes to me.

I had already asked my assistant Samantha to handle a meeting with a client for me because I knew I was coming late because of the time I spent having breakfast and talking about irrelevant things all thanks to that man and he still had the guts to drop me off on the road.

So calling her was out of question.

I quickly turned when I heard the sound of another car as I started waving hoping that this time the driver would stop.

Thankfully, the car stopped and I ran to the car but before I could open the door the driver sped off.

What the fuck?! What was the need of stopping if he wasn't going to help me?

My feets were killing me and it didn't seem like help was coming soon and there was still no available taxi.

I jumped when my phone started ringing and I picked it up to see that it was a call from my Dad.

“ Hello Dad," I said as I placed my hand on my chest,

“ Where are you? I went to your office to drop something for you but you weren't there," Well, dad, your gentlemanly son-in-law dropped me on the road.

I couldn't tell him that because I had a feeling he wouldn't believe me.

“ Oh, I went to the designer with Antonio he wanted me to help him pick a suit for the wedding," I said,

I knew they'd buy anything about the wedding,

“ Alright then, have a good time, when you get to the office look at the document I dropped on your table," he said and I nodded but realized he couldn't see me, he couldn't see me suffering.

“ Yes dad, I'll check it," I said,

“ Why do you sound so…never mind, enjoy yourself," he said before he hung up.

At the end of the day there was no help.

God, I'm tired.

Is this how I'm going to keep standing here?

**********

I smiled to myself when I remembered the look on her face when I told her to get the fuck out of my car.

It serves her right.

I thought she always insulted me about my legs that couldn't walk, she should use hers that work perfectly well. There was no need for her to be in my car.

“ You're smiling, should I be worried?" Leo asked as he walked into my office with more work.

" I'm doing something that gives me joy, what do you expect?” I asked,

" And what could this thing be except getting pussy?” He asked,

" It's too fucking early to be vulgar,” I said and he just rolled his eyes,

" So what is this thing making you smile?” He asked as he sat down,

" Torturing Lilly,” I said,

" What did you do to her this time?” I asked,

“ Offered to drop her off at work but dropped her off on the road,” I said with a shrug,

" What?! What if something happens to her, you shouldn't have done that, especially since her parents knows she went out with you,” Leo said,

" Come on, bad things don't happen to witches like her so easily, she'll be fine,” I said,

“ Don't take chances, what if something bad happens to her?" He asked and it was annoying my ears.

“ Let's find out then," I said confidently as I leaned back on my chair while Leo just watched me with a shake of his head,

I took my phone but before I could call, my phone started ringing with a call from an unknown number and I picked it up,

" Antonio Gonzalez?” A voice asked through the line,

" You got that right,” I said,

" This is Saint Mary's hospital. We have a woman here badly injured, she was found on the side of the road. She asked for you.”