1

*Sonic's POV *
"I got you!" Tails shouted as I fell down from the bridge and landed on the plane. Metal coming right behind us and landing beside me.

"Keep it steady!" I shouted back as Metal and I fought. Tails tried to keep the plane steady as much as possible, but at some point, both Metal and I fell.

I saw as the ground started to get closer and closer, I closed my eyes ready for impact, but it never arrived. Instead, there were arms around my torso, and suddenly, I was back on my feet.

"You caught me!" I said with a bright smile to Shadow, who scoffed and continued attacking the robots around us.

The fight went on for at least 20 more minutes, Eggman refusing to give up until we finally beat Metal. I panted lightly and cleaned the sweat off my forehead, then walked to the others to make sure everyone was okay.  Before I could reach them, I heard something from the distance.

It sounded like a baby crying. I couldn't just ignore it, so I decided to go investigate. Unfortunately, no one noticed me leave. So when I reached a metalic door and opened it, I was alone when I found a baby crying inside what looked like one of Eggmans hidden bases. It was a small room, maybe somewhere where Eggman hid stuff or something.

I picked up the kid and craddled her, trying to get her to calm down. Her fur was a soft muted green color with grey undertones and had a long and fluffy tail, her ears pointy and fluffy as well. Her eyes were a beautiful blue color. A cat. Like Blaze. The baby continued crying, so I moved her higher and played with her hands, somehow calming her down.

I looked around the room and then around the base and found nothing, so I went back to the others. "Um. Guys. We have a problem." I said, making them turn around and gasp when they saw me holding her.

"Who is this little cutie?" Amy asked as she got closer along with Rouge. Immediately touching her hand and calling her cute names.

"I found her crying over there. She was alone inside that room. I think Eggman may have taken her from someone." I pointed out then passed the baby to Amy, who seemed to want to hold her. "What do we do?"

"We have to find her home." Tails said. Rouge grabbed the baby and walked to Shadow, making him take a step back.

"Get that thing away from me." Shadow said, clearly annoyed, but the baby reached for him. He stopped trying to get away, looking at her as he gave in and held her. Most of us looked at him in fascination, not expecting Shadow to actually hold her. That was until Shadow saw us staring and returned the baby to Rouge. "A name?" Shadow asked as he crossed his arms.

"Erm. I didn't see anything. I guess we need to call her something, huh?" I rubbed the back of my name.

"How about Sage?" Amy suggested, and we nodded I agreement. It fits her perfectly.

"So what do we do with her?" I asked again.

"Well, one of us has to stay with her while the others look for her family." Tails said as he took a step back along with almost everyone else except for me, Rouge and Shadow.

"Sorry, taking care of a baby is hard." Amy apologized. Knuckles remained quiet, Silver and Blaze both looked away. Shadow and Rouge were both confused, both taking a step back as well when they realized what was going on.

I laughed and shook my head. "I guess I can take care of her. I found her anyway." I grabbed her from Rouges arms.

"Do you know how to take care of a baby?" Rouge asked concerned.

"Do YOU want to take care of her?" I offered, and she shook her head.

"No thanks. I'll take the cool aunt role." She joked.

Sage started kicking and crying again, I had helped take care of kids before when I went to the castle and had to play the role of 'Maurice'. So it was nothing new. Going down to orphanages and helping with the kids was something my siblings and I did a lot when I went to visit. Keeping a good image for the family and reminding ourselves of the life we used to have, making sure the kids were safe and happy.

"I know how to take care of a baby. Don't worry. I just need to go buy some stuff." I said. "You guys better not take long to find her family, though. I bet they're worried about her." I said as I managed to get her to fall asleep. Amy looking at me with shining eyes.

Oh no. Not another reason why she'd be clinging to me.

"We will find them within a week." Tails promised.

"Okay then. I should go before she wakes up." I started walking away, I was aware I was not able to run anymore while holding her. I guess this took everyone by surprise since I heard some of my friends start taking pictures of me as I walked off.

The days passed, a week came around, then two, soon three weeks, and the team was still not finding a single trace of where she even came from.