Chapter 25: A New Ally and an Old Enemy

On a warm day in the park, Y/N and Hope were relaxing on the grass as they sat on their jackets while Gwen played with a kite until Ben as Wildmutt grabbed the kite from Gwen and ran off with it

Gwen: BEN! I'm telling grandpa!

Hope: *giggles*

Gwen: Its not funny!

Hope: It was actually.

Y/N: I think it was childish but I expected it from Ben.

Just then Gwen got an idea pop in her head as she remembers a spell that Y/N taught her.

Gwen: Amorous infecti.

While Wildmutt was playing with the kite he took from Gwen, all the dogs looked at the alien dog not in fear but love and all the dogs in the area ran from their owners and Wildmutt saw 3 dogs in front of him panting. Dropping the kite, Wildmutt ran as fast as he could as the dogs chased him.

Gwen: I just love it when things work out.

Y/N: Gwen. Did you really have to do that.

Gwen: He took my kite, I call it even.

Y/N: Fine, I'll let it go but remember what I said about misusing magic?

Gwen: I remember, I promise not to do it again.

The group watched as Wildmutt now climbed a tree to escape the love struck dogs.

Gwen: Hey, you're the one who always wants more attention.

The branch Wildmutt was on was beginning to break but he timed out while falling to the ground turning back to Ben.

Ben: Phew! Never thought I'd be glad to be me again. Sorry fidos fun time is over.

Hope: It doesn't look like it is to them.

She was right as the dogs pounced on Ben and began licking him covering him in drool as both Y/N, Hope and Gwen couldn't hold in their laughter.

Ben: Y/N! H-Help!

Y/N: We can't help.

Hope: There is no counter spell so you will have to wait for the spell to wear off.

Ben: Aw man!

Roughly one minute later the spell was lifted and the dogs ran off to find their owners and Ben was covered head to toe in dog saliva.

Gwen: *laughs* Grandpa, check this out!

Ben: You really shouldn't fool around with your powers like that, Gwen. I thought you were more mature then that.

Hope: Ironic coming from you.

Ben: What did I misuse my powers?

Y/N: You took Gwen's kite as Wildmutt.

Hope: You used Greymatter to cheat at a carnival game.

Y/N: Not to mention you used your Omnitrix to try and get on a waterslide because you were too short.

Hope: Or the time where you sucked us in your game because Gwen was beating you.

Y/N: Or when you went XLR8 to make your team win in baseball.

Ben: Hey, those guys turned out to be robots and for the rest, I... I was... Okay I got nothing.

Gwen: Grandpa seems bummed.

The kids looked to see Max seemingly down while he observed an elderly couple together in the park.

Ben: Really? Hey Grandpa, what's wrong?