pov

1.322 words

Soobin sat quietly in the corner of the studio, feeling slightly out of place. The room was packed with a busy crowd—people bustling around, lights flashing, cameras clicking, and in the center of it all,

Yeonjun.

Yeonjun, with his effortless grace and magnetic presence, commanded the attention of everyone in the room. The way he moved, how he connected with the camera—it was like watching art come to life.

Soobin couldn't tear his eyes away, and yet, a small voice in the back of his mind kept whispering, You don't belong here.

Soobin shifted in his seat, trying to shake the thought. He was proud of Yeonjun—how far he'd come from the days when he was just a micro-influencer who'd wander into Soobin's café with that dazzling smile.

But sometimes, it was hard not to feel like the ordinary one in their relationship.

He glanced down at his hands, feeling the familiar twinge of insecurity.

What did someone like Yeonjun see in him, anyway? He was just a barista—nothing special, nothing that stood out.

I wanna love me the way that you love me...

The thought slipped through Soobin's mind unbidden, like a song playing in the background.

He sighed, letting his gaze return to Yeonjun, who was now posing in front of a giant reflector, his expression serene and focused.

Even after all this time, it still didn't make sense to Soobin how he had ended up with someone like Yeonjun.

He remembered their first meeting, how Yeonjun had walked into the café, looking a little lost but somehow confident at the same time.

They'd exchanged a few words, and before Soobin knew it, they were talking every day, and then—well, here they were.

But sometimes, when Soobin looked at Yeonjun now—especially in moments like this, when he seemed so far out of reach—he wondered if he really deserved to be by his side.

The shoot finally wrapped up, and the crew started to clear out, leaving the space quieter, more intimate. Yeonjun's manager gave him a quick nod before leaving, and soon it was just the two of them left in the studio.

Yeonjun's eyes found Soobin's across the room, and a soft smile spread across his lips. He walked over, the confidence of a model still lingering in his step, but his expression was all warmth as he reached Soobin.

"Hey, you," Yeonjun said, his voice a soothing balm to Soobin's anxious thoughts.

"Hey," Soobin replied, trying to push the insecurities to the back of his mind. "You were amazing. As always."

Yeonjun chuckled, a sound that always seemed to make Soobin's heart flutter. "Thanks. But honestly, I'm just glad you were here. It means a lot to me, having you around."

Soobin ducked his head slightly, his cheeks warming at the sincerity in Yeonjun's tone.

It was moments like these that made him feel so lucky, even if he couldn't fully understand why Yeonjun felt the same way about him.

As they walked together toward the dressing room, Soobin tried to shake off the lingering doubts, but they clung to him like shadows.

Once inside, Yeonjun sat down in front of the mirror, and Soobin took the seat next to him, their reflections side by side.

Soobin watched as Yeonjun started to remove his makeup, his movements careful, methodical. There was something almost mesmerizing about the way Yeonjun wiped away the layers of foundation and contouring, revealing the bare, unfiltered version of himself.

He was just as stunning without it, maybe even more so because it was the Yeonjun that only a few got to see.

Soobin hesitated before reaching out, gently taking the makeup wipe from Yeonjun's hand. "Let me do it," he offered, his voice soft.

Yeonjun smiled and nodded, leaning back slightly as Soobin carefully wiped away the remnants of the day.

The quiet between them was comforting, but Soobin's mind was still turning pages of questions he didn't know how to ask.

After a few moments, he couldn't hold it in any longer. "Yeonjun," he began, his voice hesitant. "What... what do you see in me?"

Yeonjun's eyes opened, surprise flickering across his features. "What do you mean?" he asked gently.

Soobin bit his lip, focusing on the task at hand as he finished cleaning Yeonjun's face. "I mean... look at you," Soobin said, gesturing to the mirror where Yeonjun's flawless reflection stared back at them. "You're perfect, Yeonjun. You have everything—looks, talent, charm. And I'm just... me."

Yeonjun sat up straighter, turning to face Soobin directly. "You're not just anything, Soobin," he said firmly, his gaze locking onto Soobin's. "You're everything to me. I wish you could see yourself the way I see you."

Ooh, for all of my pretty,
and all of my ugly too...

Soobin felt a lump forming in his throat, the words hitting him harder than he expected. "But why?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper. "Why do you love me?"

Yeonjun's expression softened, and he reached out to cup Soobin's face in his hands, his thumbs brushing gently across Soobin's cheeks. "Because you're you," Yeonjun said simply. "You're kind, thoughtful, and you have this way of making me feel like I'm the luckiest person in the world."

"You see me for who I am, not just what everyone else sees." He continued as he stared deeply into the younger's eyes.

Soobin's heart thudded in his chest, the sincerity in Yeonjun's voice wrapping around him like a warm blanket. "I wanna trust me... the way that you trust me," he confessed, the vulnerability in his words making his voice tremble slightly.

Yeonjun smiled, leaning in to press a gentle kiss to Soobin's forehead. "You can," he whispered against Soobin's skin. "And I'll keep showing you how much you mean to me, every single day. Because nobody ever loved me like you do, Soobin. You make me feel like I'm worth something more than just my looks or my fame."

Soobin closed his eyes, letting the words wash over him. It was hard to believe sometimes, that someone like Yeonjun could see so much in him. But in moments like this, with Yeonjun holding him close, Soobin thought that maybe—just maybe—he could start to see it too.

I'd love to see me from your point of view...

The thought lingered in his mind, echoing softly as Yeonjun pulled him into a warm embrace, their bodies fitting together like two pieces of a puzzle. Soobin rested his head on Yeonjun's shoulder, letting out a small, content sigh.

"Thank you," Soobin murmured, his voice muffled against Yeonjun's shirt.

"For what?" Yeonjun asked, his tone light, teasing.

"For loving me," Soobin replied, his voice more certain now. "For seeing something in me that I can't always see in myself."

Yeonjun pulled back slightly, just enough to look Soobin in the eyes. "You don't have to thank me for that," he said softly.

"Loving you is the easiest thing in the world. And I'm never going to stop reminding you of how incredible you are."

Soobin was more than moved.

This is why I love him, he leaned in, capturing Yeonjun's lips in a kiss that was slow, tender, and filled with all the love he couldn't quite put into words. It wasn't about passion or heat—it was about connection, about showing Yeonjun just how much he meant to him.

When they finally pulled away, both of them were smiling, a comfortable silence settling between them. Soobin rested his forehead against Yeonjun's, closing his eyes as he let the moment sink in.

"I'd love to see me from your point of view," Soobin whispered again, more to himself than to Yeonjun.

Yeonjun's smile widened, and he kissed the tip of Soobin's nose, his voice soft as he replied,

"I guess I'll just have to keep showing you until you do."