(M) Jealousy

4.302 words

Top: Yeonjun
Bottom: Soobin

Title says it all. Just, more edging than usual ;)

____________

The night was vibrant and alive, the dim lighting of the after-party casting a glow over the room filled with artists and idols unwinding after the showcase.

Laughter mingled with the soft clinking of glasses, and soft conversations filled the air, blending with the bass-heavy music thumping in the background.

Yeonjun leaned against the bar, his eyes scanning the room with mild disinterest. He took a sip from his champagne glass, his loose white button-up hanging off his frame just right. A few buttons were left undone, exposing a sliver of his chest and the chain of his necklace that glimmered in the low light.

His black trousers hugged his legs, paired with sleek, polished shoes that completed his effortlessly sharp look. His dark hair, slightly ruffled from the night's events, hung just above his eyes, making him look both suave and a little wild.

Yeonjun had always enjoyed these parties, but tonight felt different. He was searching for something – or more precisely, someone. His eyes skimmed over familiar faces but didn't land on the one he was looking for. Soobin had disappeared from his side not too long ago, and now, curiosity and something else were starting to gnaw at him.

Across the room, Soobin stood out more than usual. The younger rarely dressed up, usually letting Yeonjun take the spotlight when it came to fashion. But tonight, Soobin had pulled out all the stops.

His blonde hair glowed under the soft lights, the messy yet intentional style making him look ethereal. His sheer black shirt, barely concealed under a black satin blazer, was bold, daring even. It clung to his chest, revealing just enough to make anyone curious, but still left something to the imagination. The blazer was perfectly tailored, the trousers sleek and fitted, and the glossy black shoes finished the look.

The other members, Taehyun, Beomgyu, and Hueningkai, had definitely noticed the effort Soobin had put in. Beomgyu raised an eyebrow in question, while Taehyun smirked knowingly.

"Soobin, what's the deal?" Hueningkai asked, blinking in mild surprise at the bold outfit choice. "You never dress up like this unless we're on stage."

Soobin shrugged, trying to play it off. "Oh, let me be a fashionista too, just like Yeonjun-hyung," he said, a mischievous glint in his eye as he spoke.

But there was more to Soobin's outfit tonight, something no one else quite picked up on. His plan was simple, yet effective.

He was going to make sure Yeonjun noticed him tonight.

The night stretched on, and the crowd began to spread out as people mingled with friends, idols, and staff. Yeonjun, still nursing his glass, felt a small spark of boredom settle in. He leaned off the bar, intent on finding Soobin. He hadn't seen him in a while, and it was strange for the younger one to be off on his own at parties like this.

His eyes roamed the room, flicking from one group of idols to another, until they landed on a scene that made him stop dead in his tracks.

Soobin was there, standing a little too close to Minhyuk, their sunbae from BTOB. The sight of the two of them together, Soobin's figure almost pressed against Minhyuk's, sent a jolt of something unfamiliar through Yeonjun's veins.

Soobin's body language was playful, too close, too comfortable. His hand briefly brushed against Minhyuk's arm as he laughed at something Minhyuk said.

Yeonjun narrowed his eyes, the warmth from his earlier drink doing nothing to temper the heat slowly rising in his chest.