Snowed In

1.531 words

Fluff <3 ༊*·˚ because the last one shot was... a little depressing :""

____________

The wind howled outside, rattling the windows of the cozy cabin. Thick snowflakes tumbled from the sky, quickly covering the ground in a thick, white blanket.

Inside, the warmth of the fireplace crackled softly, casting a golden glow over the room.

Yeonjun and Soobin had planned this winter getaway with their friends, but the sudden snowstorm had turned their relaxing trip into something more secluded.

Everyone else had gone skiing, but the heavy snowfall had made it impossible for Yeonjun and Soobin to join them. Instead, they were snowed in, just the two of them.

Yeonjun sprawled across the couch, a contented smile on his face. "Can't believe we're stuck here," he said, holding a hot cup of cocoa.

He lifted it to his lips, taking a sip before leaning his head back and looking at Soobin, who was perched on the armchair near the fireplace.

Soobin was buried under a massive blanket, only his eyes and the tip of his nose peeking out. He had his phone in his hand, scrolling through something with an amused grin.

"Well, it's not that bad," he mumbled from under the blanket, eyes never leaving his screen.

"What are you even looking at?" Yeonjun asked, curiosity getting the best of him.

Soobin tilted his phone so Yeonjun could see. "Just memes. Have you seen this one?" He passed the phone over, showing Yeonjun a picture of a cat in a ridiculous pose with a relatable caption.

Yeonjun snorted, almost spilling his drink. "Oh my God, why is that so accurate?" he laughed, handing the phone back. "You're always looking at the weirdest stuff."

Soobin gave a lazy shrug. "Hey, it's how I stay entertained when you're hogging all the attention."

Yeonjun set his cup down on the coffee table, feigning offense. "Excuse me, I'm the life of the party! You should be thanking me for saving you from boredom."

"Life of the party? More like the clown of the group," Soobin teased, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Yeonjun gasped dramatically, clutching his chest. "How dare you! I'm crushed."

"Yeah, yeah, keep pretending you're offended," Soobin snickered, finally pulling the blanket down to reveal his whole face. His cheeks were flushed from the warmth of the fire, making him look even softer.

Yeonjun's heart did a little flip. He'd known Soobin for a long time, but somehow, every time he saw that gentle smile or heard that quiet laugh, it felt new. Like something special he wanted to hold onto forever.

He knew he was being cheesy, but whatever, it's not like he could help it. Soobin just had that effect on him.

The snow outside continued to pile up, but inside, the two of them were in their own little world. The storm had cut off all phone signals and Wi-Fi, leaving them disconnected from everything else.

It was just them, a roaring fire, and the slowly dwindling light of day.

Yeonjun got up from the couch and walked over to the window. "Wow, it's really coming down," he mused, rubbing his arms as the chill from the glass seeped into his skin. "We're probably not getting out of here anytime soon."

Soobin looked up from his phone, his expression softening. "You cold? Come here, I've got room under the blanket."

Yeonjun didn't need to be asked twice. He plopped down on the armchair, squeezing in next to Soobin.