Chapter Nine

*Clary*

     When we got to my apartment Jace says, "Why don't you unlock the door. I'll grab Ryder." I nod my head yes and walk to the door. I watch as Jace puts Ryder on his bed and covers him up. I watch him for a minute before heading to the kitchen.

    "I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you they way I did, Clary." Jace says as he sits beside me at the kitchen table. I gave him a weak smile.

  "It's ok." I said, "But I realize I hurt you too. By not telling you about Ryder." We sit there in silence for awhile.

  "I need to get back to the institute. So I'll see you later." Jace says as he gets up.  Right as he walks out the door I say, "Do you want to hang out tomorrow? I'm willing to try and forgive you but you have to work for my trust." I look up at Jace and he was smiling really big before he grabbed me in a hug.

   "Thank you, thank you, thank you. I promise you I will not mess this you." Jace says putting me down. "I'll see you in the morning." and walks off.

________________________________________________________________

*Jace*

     Yes. She willing to forgive me. I was still smiling as I walked in to the institute. 

"You look like a happy weirdo." Izzy says as I walk past the living room.

 "I am happy. Clary going to give me another chance. So I'm going to work really hard on getting her to for give me." I tell her as I head towards my room.

 "You hurt her again I will kick your ass. Jace." Izzy yells as I turn the corner. I roll my eyes and walk into my room. I grab the picture on my desk as stare at it. It was one of me and Clary covered in paint.

------------------the next day----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   I knock on Clary's apartment door and wait for her to open it. When it opens it not Clary it's Ryder.

"Hey, kid. Where's your mom?" I ask him as I bend down to his level.

"Getting dressed. She has to work today." Ryder mumbles.

"What did I tell you about opening the door. Someone might take you then where who I be without my protector." Clary says as she walks up behind him. "Come on in Jace. I'm almost ready to go." I follow her back to the living room. "Ryder, this is Jace. He's an old friend of mine. He was at your party the other day remember?" Clary says as she sits on the couch.

"Hi. I hope it ok if I hang out with you and your mom." I tell him as Clary pulls on some combat boots.

"Uh... Ok. Mommy when we get there can I have some ice-cream?" he says as he run to grab a bag in the corner of the room.

   Clary just smiles and says "Lets go." as she locks the door I buckle Ryder up in his car seat. After we hit the road Ryder stats asking Clary to put in the CD. She smiles at him and pushes play on the radio/CD player.  And her and Ryder start sing along with the music.

    Thirty minutes later after listening to a bunch of little kid song we pull up to an building called DANCE CRAZE [a/n not real]. I look at Clary as she locks up the car after getting all of the stuff out. She looks up at my and I cock my head to the side confused. Clary giggles before saying, "Come on."

    After we get inside I realize it a roller skating rink. "Hey Mikey." Clary says as  she walks up to the counter. "Can you get my friend some skates." she says before handing the a five dollar bill. "Sure thing sugar-mama." the man says. Clary rolled her eyes and turned to me, "When you get your skates come to the table over there." before Ryder grabbed her hand and dragged her to the corner booth.

    After getting the blades I head toward them and see Ryder had on some roller blades on that looked like the dog on his shirt. Scooby-doo I think. Clary was finishing snapping her laces on the skates she was wearing.

    "Ok. I'm going to be working so you are in charge of Ryder. You keep an eye on him at all times. If you get hungry ask Sabrina. She's behind the snack counter." Clary says as she glares at me before kissing Ryder on the head and rolling off.

   "So do you know how to skate?" Ryder asks me as I stand up and nearly land on my behind. "No." I said simply. "Come on I'll show you." An hour later I have the hang of it but my body is sore. After all the times I have fallen.

   But it was worth it. I learned a lot about Ryder and every time I would glance at Clary she was smiling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Vote and Comment.

So what did you guys think of Clary giving him a chance and putting him in charge of Ryder?

Anybooks I would love to see how you guys want this book to go. Please give me some ideas.