Chapter Ten

*Clary*

   "Hey, Clar. Your sons trying to give some guy skating lessons." Sabrina says from behind me. I look at the rink and giggle. Jace had fell and was glaring at his skates while Ryder was trying not to laugh out loud. A twenty-two year old getting skating lessons from a one year old.

   "Who is he? I saw you walk in with him." she says as she hands some kid his root-beer float.

  "He's Ryder's father. Jace." I tell her as I just watch them. Jace had finally made it to his feet and was holding on to Ryder's shoulders trying to steady him self.

   "Wait. As in Jace, the guy that broke you." Sabrina says standing beside me. I nod and fix a vanilla milkshake. "Why is he here And around your son?"

    "Sabrina, I kept Ryder a secret from him for two years. And with Sebastian and Nathan getting close I'm scared I won't be able to protect him. Besides Jace wouldn't hurt Ryder, because someone would murder him." I tell her. She gives me a small smile.

      "Your the strongest person I know Clar. They won't get you. Their are so many people looking out for you and would die to save you and Ryder." Sabrina says as she pulls me into a hug.

     "Thanks." I tell her as I head towards one of the booths to wipe it down. An hour later Jace comes up to the counter. "Hey. You were doing pretty good out there." I tell him. He just glares at me and says, "How is it that I can run ten blocks and not get tired but roller blades wear me out after and hour."

    "I don't know. Maybe cause you fell about fifty times." I say laughing as I hand him a water bottle.  "Anyway, it's about lunch time can you get Ryder to come sit down?" he nods and walks off as I fix them some lunch. After I roll towards their booth I set down two plates of chips, sandwiches, and nacho's and cheese. "Eat up boys." I say as I kiss Ryder on the forehead.

    "Hey. Sugar Mama, some people are wondering when your gonna play." Mikey says as he walks up.

   "In a minute. Wanted to make sure Ryder got lunch." I tell him as I shove him away, "You need to get back to your counter." he pouts but walks away. 

    "Ok. Jace make sure he eats everything on his plate. I have to get back to work." I tell him and he just nods. I roll back up to the snack counter and hand Sabrina my apron.

   "Ok. I hope y'all are ready for some music. I'm going to start then anyone can ask for a request and I will do my best to sing it." I tell them as I fix my headset.

❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎❎

OH,YEAH  OH,YEAH SO SCARED OF BREAKING IT THAT YOU WON'T LET IT BEND(UH)   AND I WROTE TWO HUNDRED LETTERS I WON'T EVER SEND(UH)

SOMETIMES THESE CUTS ARE SO MUCH   DEEPER THAN THEY SEEM  YOU'D RATHER COVER UP

I'D RATHER LET THEM BE  SO LET ME BE   I'D SET YOU FREE  OH,YEAH      I AM IN MISERY

THERE AIN'T NOBODY THAT CAN COMFORT ME  OH,YEAH.   WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER ME

THE SILENCE IS SLOWLY KILLING ME  OH,YEAH   GIRL YOU REALLY GOT ME BAD 

YOU REALLY GOT ME BAD   I'M GONNA GET YOU BACK   GONNA GET YOU BACK   YEAH

YOUR SALTY SKIN AND HOW IT MIXS IN WITH MINE(UH) 

THE WAY IT FEELS TO BE COMPLETELY INTERTWINED(UH)   AND NOTTHAT I DIDN'T CARE

IT'S THAT I DIDN'T KNOW(UH)  IT'S NOT WHAT I DIDN'T FEEL   IT'S WHAT I DIDN'T SHOW