Chapter Thirteen

*Clary*

   "Thank you so much." Dan says as I walk to the front of the lobby. "I know it was short notice but the band I had lined up didn't show and I didn't know what to do."

   "Its fine, Danny. I wouldn't have agreed if I didn't want help. But next time have two bands lined up. That way this doesn't happen again." I said as I grabbed my bag and headed outside. Getting in my car I turn my phone back on and call Jace. 'Probably asleep.' I thought when he doesn't pick up.

       Pulling up at the institute I see Izzy, Simon, and Alec walking up. "Hey guys." I say as I get on the sidewalk.

     "Hey. What are you doing here?" Izzy asks as we walk up the steps.

"I'm here to pick up Ryder. I just got back." I say as Simon holds the door for us. Izzy heads towards the kitchen after she grabs my arm.

  "So, have you forgiven Jace?" Izzy asks while putting Taki's takeout on the table.

  I chuckle, "Not completely. But I have for the most part. Watching him with Ryder is pretty amazing."

  Izzy goes to say something but is cut off by Alec yelling, "JACE!" I look at her and we run towards the living room and see Jace passed out in the middle of the floor with blood pooled around his head.

    "Jace wake up." Alec says while bent down beside him, after a few minutes Jace groans.

   "Fuck." he says as he sits up holding his head. "What happened?"

   "You tell us." Alec says helping him to the couch, "Why does it look like a horde of demons came through here."

   "I don't..." Jace starts before sitting up straight, "They took Ryder."

   "WHAT!?" I exclaim when he said that, "Who took Ryder, Jace?" I ask as I come around to stand in front of him.

     "Demon shadow hunters. They came out of nowhere, one picked Ryder up and the other attacked me. He said 'If you ever want to see the boy again come to the place where it all began.' Clary what did they mean by that?" Jace asks me.

     "No. Damn it no!" I exclaim as I start pacing. This can not be happening, not again. Alec goes to grab my arm but I pull away. "Don't touch me." I say as I feel myself losing control. 'Deep breath. In. Out. In. Out.' I think as I take deep breath.

     "What? Clary what did they mean?" Jace asks confused.

    When I felt in enough control I ask ignoring Jace's question, "What did they look like Jace? They men that attacked you."

   "Big, muscular, solid black eyes, and had a faint accent not sure what it was though. Answer my question." Jace asks frustrated.

    "They were Nathan's men." I said as I pulled my phone out of my pocket, "Nathan knows the only way to hurt me or get to me is to mess with my son. And this is not the only time he's done it."

   I find the number I want as I press call and what for him to pick up,

{Hey...}Unknown

{He took Ryder again.}Clary

{What, We're on our way.}Unknown

{Meet me at the warehouse.}Clary

{I'll call everyone else.}Unknown

 After I hang up I head towards the door but before I get there someone grabs my arm. When I look up I see that it was Jace, "Your not doing this by yourself." he growls out.

   "Why, I've done it alone before." I say trying pull out of his grip.

   "Well not this time. Everybody can help." Jace states, "Besides, he was with me when this happened. So I'm going to help get him back." I look at him and see that he has tears in his eyes. I nod my head yes and he pulls me into a hug.

"Go get ready. You have ten minutes then I'm leaving." I say as I push him away gently. Seven minutes later Jace climbs into the back seat of my car and Alec in the front. Simon and Izzy are behind us in Simon's truck.

   "What's the address we're going to Magnus can meet us there. He's agreed to help." Alec says as he looks up from his phone.

      Thirty minutes later we're pulling up to an abandoned warehouse, "Ok, listen there are people in here that can help. They agreed because I have them at one point." I tell them as we start towards the building.

    "Clary!" someone exclaims as I step through the door. After they put me down I saw who it was and hugged him again before I heard someone cough loudly. I look back and Jace, Alec, Simon, and Izzy looking around awkwardly around and Magnus well Not sure what he was doing.

    "This is..." I start,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger....

So what do you guys think?

Who do you think she called?

Anybooks, Please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

#love_this_song