Chapter Sixteen

*Clary*

      "Shit!" I cried out as a dagger hit the wall beside my head. I take off running trying to get out of this damn warehouse.

     "Come on, Baby. Just give in already. You can't win this fight." he yells.

     "I will never join you, you bastard." I muttered under my breath as I caught sight of the door.

    "Clarissa! You know I will catch you so quit running. You we will win, so why not be on the winning side." he yelled sounding even closer than before and I running towards the door.

   I get outside and stop trying to catch my breath. "MOMMY!" I spin around when I heard a yell and froze. "MOMMY HELP ME." Ryder yelled while being held by Nash, Nathan's right hand.

   "Let him go!" I yell when I see the fear in Ryder's eyes. Nash just smirks pulling a knife out of his pocket and placing it on Ryder's neck.

   "He will when you join us." Nathan says walking out of the warehouse behind me. "This can all end. If you just join us and the kid goes free."

   "No. Let Ryder go, Nathan." I whisper. Nathan looks at me then nods at  Nash. Nash digs the knife into Ryder's stomach.

 "NO!!!" I yell as I see blood soak through his shirt. Crying I fall to my knees.

"You could have stopped this if you had just listened to me." Nathan says.

  "RYDER, NO!" I cried out sitting up in bed. "Its just a dream." I whispered as I lay back down calming down from my nightmare I glance at the clock and see that it was 1:30a.m. 
        'Fuck. I'm not gonna go back to sleep again for a while.' I think as I stand up and head for he kitchen. Going through the cabinets I find the ingredients to make hot chocolate. Thirty minutes later I glance at the clock and realize it only 2o'clock knowing I need some more sleep I head up stairs and stop in front of Jace's door. 'What the hell.' I think as I open the door and see him layed out on the bed. I smile as I close it behind me and climb in bed with him turning on my side I watch him. Thinking about how things would have been different if I had told him the truth.

      *Jace*

        Feeling something wrapped around me I open my eyes and smile. Clary had her arms wrapped around my torso with her head on my shoulder. I pull the blanket up to her shoulders and wrap my arms around her and just watch her sleep. Twenty minutes later I'm stepping out of my room and Izzy runs right into me. "Whoa, slow down." I say as I grab her arm.

        "Clary's not in her room." she say, "And I can't find her."

   "She's in my room, Iz." I chuckle as I head towards the kitchen and grab a cup of coffee. I turn around and Izzy just stares at me. "She came in there this morning and layed  don with me."

   When I get to my room I grab some cloth and walk into the bathroom to shower. Fifteen minutes later I walk back into the bedroom and see Clary sitting up. "Morning, Clarebear." I say as I sit beside her.

    She smiles back, "Morning. Been a long time since I've been called that. Anyway I need to go get dressed. Can you tell the others to be ready in twenty minutes?" I nod and she climbs out of bed and heads for the door.

    "Hey, not that I'm complaining. Why did you climb in bed with me this morning. She shakes her head and walked out the door. Twenty minutes later we all hit the road.

    "Wow. Big place." I say as we pull up to a huge building. Clary walks up to the door and walks in following her we end up in a humongous training room. Daggers, swords, guns, bow and arrows, whips and many other weapons lined the wall and tables.

    "Hey you made it." the guy that looks like Sebastian walks up and hugs Clary. "You guys are the first ones here. The others should be here soon."

     "Thanks, Chris." Clary says hugging him back. "We can go ahead and start warming up." Fifteen minutes later the other people we met yesterday showed up. Clary and the guy, Chris, started talking to them.

   "Ok, guys. Everyone is going to have a partner. Please don't kill them." Clary says and everyone mumbles an 'Ok', "Alec and Kyle, Izzy and Mark, Simon and Ricky, Magnus and Nicky, Jace and Adam. Then in an hour Nicky and Adam switch partners, lets get started." Clary says as everyone walks up to their partner. Someone turned on some music before starting training with their partner.

    "Hi. I'm Adam." my partner walks off and I just nod. Before I know what happened I was on my back staring at Adam. I don't trust this guy he's giving e a bad vibe. Like the one off of Sebastian's men. Shaking it off I nod and we start sparing. And that is what we did for the next three days before we found out where they where keeping Ryder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think?

Why do you think Jace is getting a bad vibe off of Adam?

FYI, The beginning of this chapter was a dream.

Anybooks, Please VOTE and COMMENT.