21. Supershy (Peteway) - final part

It was a long time coming for Way .

It took awhile to finally admit to himself that he was in love with Pete , but also to get him to be his boyfriend after him almost dying thanks to Tony and away slowly healing from being kidnapped and tortured .

But now they were getting married and had a amazing family with the X-hunter , Way could finally relax with Tony gone and his men arrested or dead but he was always scared to wake up and find out Pete never woke from the coma .

"Baby , you in here ?" Pete wrapped his arms around Way's waist and kissed him on the neck , Way touched his arms as to remind himself that Pete was okay and he was here with him .

"Hmm, do you have to go into work?" Way turned to face his fiancé with a pout on his face, He really wanted Pete to stay home with him and cuddle since he didn't need to be at the garage until tomorrow .

"Yea , but I'll be home in 6 hours okay and Charlie will be here to keep you company since I'm also taking his husband away " Pete kissed Way on the cheek until that pout went to a smile .

"Fine but bring me home my favorite dessert and I'll forgive you " Way folded his arms , but then Pete started tickling him and he could not fight it and started laughing .

"Pete stop , you know I'm ticklish " Way spoke thought the laughter .

"I know" Pete smiled and kissed his cheek , which Way glared at him for but then kissed him back before running upstairs .

Pete watched his love go upstairs , and was happy that Way finally liked him back and he was deeply and madly in love with him .

"I'll see you " he called upstairs .

{later that day }

The real reason Pete was going to work and bringing Babe along with him , was because he had been planning to cook a meal for Way tonight , one he had not had since he was little and needed time to learn how to make it perfectly .

And Babe knew the recipe so he was here helping Pete as a favor to his best friend , "Pete I have all the ingredients, does your work have a kitchen?" Babe called out as he carried the 3 bags of ingredients up to Pete's office .

"Yes this way , also you have the same ingredients in the second kitchen at my house right ? " he asked as he got out from his desk and started leading Babe to the second kitchen .

It didn't take long for Pete to memorize what he needed to make this meal , he thanked Babe and promised to to help him out with Charlie next week but for now he had a goal he needed to accomplish.

Luckily Charlie would keep Way busy for Pete to do this surprise , but he needed to get it done before Way came back to the house or he would definitely find out .

~ a few hours later ~

Pete heard Charlie giggle while Way was definitely not happy , but at least the surprise was almost done and he would soon see a smile on his fiancé's face . "Way come on, Pete is probably on his way home now " Charlie said loudly for Pete to understand he needed to do the last part very quiet .

"He needs to hurry , I miss him " Way pouted and walked into the main living room and laid down on the couch, Charlie looked in the hallway and saw Pete giving him a signal .

He hoped nothing bad would ever happen to any of the couples of X-hunter team, but it was time for him to head back to his apartment to see his husband .

"Way-" Pete started and looked to see Way shoot yo when he heard his voice , Way walked up to him all excited to see him but then suddenly changed and slapped him .

"Did you even go to work? Why did you lie to me?" Way was not hiding that he was mad on his face , Pete reached up and started placing his hands on his waist .

"Shh I did go to work , but I came home early to make you a surprise , want to see it ?" Pete had let go but only to hug him from behind so he could kiss him on the cheek .

Way just nodded .

He had not used his power since Tony had kidnapped and hurt him , because he was so scared but he never needed to use it because he felt safe and loved around Pete and his team .

Tony was wrong .

Way didn't need to use the power or break any laws to be happy and to have everything he wanted , "Here we are " Pete uncovered his hands from Ways eyes and smiled when he saw his reaction .

Way didn't let go of Pete's hand but that was mostly cuz he liked holding his hand , but dragged them both to the table with a smile on his face .

"PETE! I COULD MAKE OUT WITH U" Way sat down at the table , he had not had this meal since he was a little kid before Tony found him .

It reminded him of his mom..who he wondered if she was still alive or if he had biological family left but it didn't matter because he had his family with Pete and with the team .

"I leaned it so I can make it for you whenever you miss those times " Pete wrapped his arms around Way and leaned in closer to him, it took awhile for them to get to this part but he was never going to let go of him .

Way spent the next few months eating this food but also sharing it with Pete , who held him close to him as they shared this night meal together .

"This weekend is our special time , so get some sleep tonight way or shall I do some rounds to get you entry for tomorrow " Pete asked but Way just slapped his hand but was smiling from ear to ear .

"I love you " Way whispered which Pete replied back , "not as much as I do " before leading him off to their bedroom for the night.