22. Save Me (CharliexBabe)

"Some people just do not deserve anything "

That is what Charlie was told every day from the moment he understood words until his parents left him at the orphanage at 5 , the very same place where Tony found him and tried hard to adopt him but Charlie didn't trust him for one second .

That's because Charlie had a brother named Jeff and they had powers , and it was something that helped them be ware and careful around Tony until they could escape him .

But those words never left him .

Charlie believed maybe they were right and he didn't deserve anything, he only knew the love Jeff gave him but was there another type of love for him? He didn't realize it until he saw Babe in a room of Tony's house and left the door open for him to escape .

But he didn't see him again until the one day he happened to approach The racetrack and saw him racing around the track with fellow Racer Way and he looked at his brother because it was time to start their plan .

"This is for racers only and team members " Babe folded his arms while looking at him , Charlie needed to be strong and not give up until he became what was called Babe's boy .

"I know " was his reply .

"Then go , I'm leaving " Babe scoffed and started walking in the different direction, something in him snapped and he pushed Babe against the wall but suddenly let go and started to back out of this plan .

"Stop , come here , just tell me why you are back here " Babe walked till Charlie was against the wall , he tried to get away but Babe was too close to him but part of him didn't want to leave .

The next thing he knew Babe was leading him to a local bar where the rest of the team was just resting and celebrating Babe's win well almost everyone , Way was no where to be found which had the team leader Alan worried .

But Way apparently always disappeared after a race and only joined them when it seems he was free , this was something Charlie was trying to get used to but he also noticed Dean was not too happy to see him there .

"This is Charlie , he's babes new boy apparently " Dean scoffed but North and Sonic immediately went and and cheered .

"Why we loud? I have a headache " Way suddenly said which made the whole team jump and see Way leaning against the counter drunk , mostly shocked because he said he had somewhere to be .

"Way , Babe got a new one " Sonic said loudly which earned a glare from Way .

"That was fast " He mumbled .

So this was the other best racer from the team aka Babe's best friend , Charlie held out his hand but Way shook his head .

"Too drunk for that , I'm only here cuz someone was busy " Way mumbled .

Charlie lifted his eyebrow because no one else seemed to understand Way or even pay attention him being drunk expect Sonic finally noticed and with the help of North carried him out to the car and were taking him back to the garage .

"Babe , I'm going to go-" he started when he felt arms around him, suddenly he looked to see a racer from the other team had his arms around him and was challenging Babe to a race over him .

His mind was on why no one expect two people noticed that their team member suddenly showed and was drunk , that he didn't notice Winner was mad and stromed off and he felt his arms around Babe .

{time jump - few months later }

Nothing much had changed expect both him and Jeff were members of the team , Charlie was staying over at Babes house every day but Babe only called him "babes boy " he wondered how long till that changed if it ever did .

Something else did change , Charlie found out accidentally where Way was going after every race and where he was staying , Way was seeing a ceo named Pete who happened to be the very same person Alan spent weeks trying to convince to sponsor them with no luck .

"I want to change it " Charlie stated one day while he was watching Babe practice , Babe had spent the first half yelling at Way for not being at the garage more cuz he needed to see him .

"Babe - please " Charlie walked up to hand and rubbed his arm until Babe looked at him and his mood suddenly changed .

"Charlie - you know I don't do relationship, they never work out anyway " Babe laid down on the track and held Charlie's hand which was all he did during their time together .

"Yes but I'm not going anywhere " he tried again but Babe pulled his hand away which he didn't like .

"Charlie! I told you from the beginning that I don't do relationships and if you can't understand that don't be Babes boy" Babe yelled and stood up before angrily walking to the side of the track .

He couldn't do it anymore .

"Fine , I'll leave " Charlie spoke and tried to walk past him when Babe grabbed his hand , but Charlie didn't give in and yanked his hand away from him .

"Your best friend was once sad and drunk for a whole week and instead of being worried for him you were more concerned about beating Winner again to show that you were better " Charlie spoke without raising his voice .

Babe didn't say anything and had to watch Charlie walk away from him , he didn't think too much of it as by tomorrow Charlie would be back at the garage waiting for him like he always does .

Expect Charlie did the opposite and went in a different direction then Babes house or even the garage , instead he went to the one person Babe would not come looking for him at .

It had been a few days since Babe and Charlie had their argument, Babe kept calling and trying to reach him and when he got voicemail time and time again he then went to Jeff who refused to help .

"If my brother didn't answer your first call then let him be , I will not help you hurt my brother " Jeff started to walk away , when Babe finally realized he needed to do it now or lose the best thing to happen to him since he met Alan .

Babe needed to first apologize to Way for how he been lately and start being there for his best friend , but also to show Charlie that he while he was scared of being in a relationship ge was ready to take that step with him

Meanwhile Charlie was thankful that Pete let him stay in his mansion since he was the only one who knew about well him and way , but part of it was he also felt for him and knew Babe would come around if he knew what was good for him .

But he knew he needed to let the team know he would come back but need time alone , that was until the door rang and he opened it to see Babe standing at the door panting like he ran all the way here .

He tried to shut the door but stopped when he heard the words he longed for .

"I want to try it Charlie , please just don't leave me "

Charlie opened the door wider and was shocked to see Way was right behind him but he was exhausted , "please just go out there make up with him so I can have Pete's house to myself again " Way spoke and walked past Charlie to go see Pete .

"Way told you huh?" Charlie asked as he sat down on the sidewalk next to Babe .

Babe nodded and placed Charlie's hand in his , "hmm yes , I'm happy he has someone and at least felt safe to tell me even if he's not ready for the team to know " He whispered even though he knew Charlie could hear him .

"Please forgive me Charlie , I- don't want to lose you " Babe started to cry but Charlie just wiped the tears and nodded in reply .

"I'm sorry for leaving like I did , I just got tired of waiting for something I was afraid wonder come " Charlie stood up and took Babes hand in his , he stayed still for a moment .

Before the both of them headed back to the garage for Charlie to apoglize to Alan for leaving like he did , then Babe was going to treat Charlie tonight because he was no longer his boy but his boyfriend .