C--Cravings

James POV
So today marks the 8th month of Riley's pregnancy. We have been married 8 months too. Riley told me she was pregnant at the altar which at first freaked me out but then I slowly adjusted. On our honeymoon it was different because I was more careful with how I acted around Riley especially when we had sex. I didn't want to hurt her or the baby however Riley kept saying to be perfectly normal around her because she is only in the early stages and it won't effect it that much. That advice I was listening too, because especially during sex which is what you're supposed to have on you honeymoon more than just once, and being with her all that time was just the best.

We had no idea as of this day what the sex of the baby would be. Riley was adamant that it had to be kept surprise. We told atroupe about 4 months ago after we went to a party to celebrate micheldons engagement and Michelle and Eldon both realized, that after offering Riley wine she refused, having her to to spill the beans.
They were expecting it. I mean you could resist having a little fun a week before you leave your then fiancé and wouldn't see each other for a week until the wedding. that's hard. it was temptation and that's what I told them. They were all so surprised that it didn't happen on our honeymoon though and at that point all of the questions started coming in one by one. letter by letter.
- when's it due?
- how did you find out ri?
- when did you tell james?
- what is its gender?
- are you excited?
- are you moving?
- will you still dance?
- have you had an ultrasound?
- what's it like being pregnant?

And at that point Riley had had enough and was too overwhelmed to say anything so she just excused herself and walked out. Everyone just looked at me.
I said:
"Just leave her. he needs some time. you guys WERE bombarding her with a lot of questions so I don't blame her"
They all agreed with me and then when ri came back in, they all apologized and to this moment, they have all been really supportive and caring around her and me to be honest.
Speaking of supportive and caring......

At the moment, Riley and I are at home just chilling looking for new houses. Its quite hard because we don't know what one we are looking for yet. Lately, as most pregnant women do, Ri has been having these types of cravings and no offense to her but they are driving me crazy.

Over the last week she has eaten 21 mandarins. That's 3 a day. Who eats mandarins that much!!? And also she drinks like 4L of water a day. It's actually really worrying me know since I don't know if that's healthy or not!!?
"Babe?" she asks me
"Yeah?"
"Oh great you're alive. Ah I asked you about this house" she says pointing to a large town house on the computer screen. it was amazing looking. I had I snap out of my dream to look at it
"Wow. that looks incredible. I think we should go and take a look at it tomorrow" I say and she smiles.
"Ok. can you get me a mandarin please?" she asks me. I sigh
"Sure ri. why mandarins though?" I ask
"I don't know. at the moment they are just so good though" she says
"Yeah so good that 3 a day is actually normal" I mumbled
"What!!?" she says sheepishly
I chuckle and toss her a mandarin.

"So. I have something to ask you miss." I tell her as she reaches for a glass and pours herself a glass if water
"Hmm?" she asks me
"Well I was thinking we could go out tonight somewhere just the two of us. " I suggest
"Think of it as a pre-baby night out because unfortunately it won't happen many times after" I add
"Ah yeah sure but where are you taking me? I already agreed to NO water slides, bars or to the beach as it would hurt the baby, make me jealous and I hate wearing a bikini when I look like this" she says and I laugh.
"What's so funny?" she asks
"Ri. You look good in anything don't even worry about it" I say smirking
"Oh really!?" she asks me
"Yeah. Even if its nothing at all" I say laughing
"Ha! I wouldn't be surprised that at least a day after this ones born, i will become pregnant again" she says and I laugh even harder
"Ok seriously. I don't care where we go. Actually you choose. you choose" I say to her
She thinks for a minute before sharing her decision
"Ok. I want to stay here. And I want you to surprise me with something special and unique. Something we and do together and something that is private as those flashing bright lights are really getting to me now." she says and I smile
"Ok but if its a surprise than where will you go?" I ask her
"Ill call Michelle. she can take me out for a while. say 2 hours. is that enough?"
"Plenty. oh and bring what you are wearing too because the surprise starts as soon as you walk through the door" I say
"Ok. Sure thing." she says as she walks into our room and gets her stuff. I close my eyes as I don't want to see whatever she is wearing and she pecked me on the lips while I was blind.
"Bye babe" she says
"Love you. see you in a bit" I say before I hear the door slam.

As soon as I hear the car engine go, I grab my keys, phone and wallet and head to Walmart. I know exactly what my planned surprise for Riley will be. And hopefully she'll like it!