H--Headaches

James POV
I wake up to the glorious sun rising, my beautiful wifes's soothing breath as she breathes up and down and the most annoying little sound but cute at the same time of Lola crying. I get up out of bed, shutting the door behind me truing bit to wake Riley before taking my gorgeous little girl out of her cot and into the lounge room with me. Lola was now 2 and a bit and even though she is still young she crys whenever she's hungry, tired or wants Riley or I.

Today we are going down the coast line on a family road trip To visit my family who have a beach house. we have decided to drive there because its only 8 hours but from the start I have been worried about Lola and how she will last. we packed yesterday so today all we need to do it get up, dressed and go and right now, it's 8:54 and Ri isn't even awake yet. if we wanna get there in time we are going to have to start driving now to get there at 5 pm.

~~
Once riley is awake we eat out banana pancakes, britt brushes Lola's hair and we go. I look at the time on the car monitor and it says 10:01 so we should get there around 6. Knowing out family with all the stops though, it would be 8:00 tonight. I get Riles to text my mum and tell her that we were leaving now and that we'd be there in 8-10 hours. it was going to be so much fun as Lola would get to see her cousins too. Emily and Hunter (and Ava their daughter) as well as rileys mum and dad are coming down as well so it's a big family hangout.

We get to about the 3rd hour and Lola has been watching Peppa Pig on the portable DVD player for about 2 hours and the other hot she was looking out the window talking to me and Riley. I turn on the radio and 'Best Day Of my Life' comes on and me and Riley belt it out while Lola just hums which is kindve cute. we pull into Starbucks as we come into the 4th your which is now coming 2:00 which explains why we are really hungry.

It gets to 3:00 and Lola falls asleep for her afternoon nap leaving me and Riley to talk for a little while. its great having me and Riley time again- I missed those days. as it came the 6th hour and 4:30 arrived Lola woke up and we pulled over to a nearby park to play. I pushed her in the swings and helped her on the slide while Riley took some photos of us playing together. it was good just to get out, have some fresh air, get some exercise before the Rest of the ride home. most families to it as most of their kids get restless. I'm not sure about Lola though. she just gets agitated.

It comes 5:00 and it is really boring in the at now. nothing at all to do. Lola is whining and complaining by the second claiming she's hungry and is tired. keeps asking are we there yet? when are we going to get there mummy? daddy when will we see the beach? mummy where's the beach?!!! She says louder and Louder each time.

It finally comes to 6:00 and Ben though we have been driving for 8 hours, we still have 1-2 hours left cause of our stops and park time. Through this Lola gets more and more frustrated. we try everything: music, food, her blanket even Riley went and sat with her. but it wouldn't work. and now it was starting to hurt me. we came to a gas station and I walked in paying for the gas while getting some migraine tablets while I was there. come back out and Riley is confused at why I have them
"I have this this feeling she's going to get worse" I say and she chuckles as I take the driver seat and drive the 1 hour back to my parents place

~~
We reach my parents place and my head is pounding. Lola has been screaming the entire way. sometimes crying to the extent and even started to eat really aggressively. the poor girl
"Hey look lola. we're here baby" ri her and lola smiles. I stay in the car as I just need some quiet space for a while.
I later go in and ring the doorbell. I walk in to the rooms filled with people and they come over to greet me
"Hey James" my mum says giving me a hug
"Hey mum"
"You ok?"
"Yeah just a strong headache. 9 hours is alot" she nods and settles me down to the lounge room
"James darling you look like you have a see head. what's going on?" she asks and is smile looking at Ri.

"One word mum- Lola"