45

"Okay, spill, spill now," Izzie's voice came from somewhere just behind her shoulder.

"What?" Meredith couldn't help but grin. She had been grinning all morning. And probably all night too. There had been a lot of grinning and it just wouldn't stop. Her cheeks were actually starting to hurt.

"The date, how was the date," Izzie rolled her eyes. "If that smile is any judge it was amazing."

"Oh, the date," Meredith giggled.

"Spill," Izzie ordered. "You've been walking around all morning looking like you're on cloud nine."

"Cloud nine is too low," Meredith grinned and then frowned slightly. "Okay, that was cheesy. That was really stupid cheesy. He's ruined me or whatever."

"It was perfect, wasn't it?"

"Completely."

"Oh, that's so great," Izzie grinned. "Details. Now."

"Details?"

"Of the date, Mer."

"I know, I just..." Meredith shrugged. "It was just us. Dinner and movie and cuddling on the couch."

"And it was perfect," Izzie sighed happily.

"Yeah, it was," Meredith grinned. Again. She was grinning a lot. People weren't supposed to smile this much. It wasn't normal. Except maybe for Izzie, but Izzie wasn't exactly normal.

"That is so great," Izzie smiled wider. "I'm so happy that you two gave it another chance."

"We're us," Meredith shrugged.

"Which is great," Izzie nodded. "I knew it would work out for you."

"It really did," Meredith sighed. "He's just...and we're...he's...something. Something really really big."

"I've never seen you like this."

"Like what?"

"All happy and fluttery in love. It's great."

"I...yes you have," Meredith said firmly. "I was...with Scott. I was happy and fluttery in love and..."

"No," Izzie shook her head. "You were happy and, you were definitely in love but not like this. This is...it's different. You're all....it's just great."

"Yeah," Meredith smiled slightly. "I...I might have said something to him. Something kind of big and I don't know why I said it but I did and now...I said it."

"What?" Izzie demanded.

"I might have said," Meredith bit her lip, "something about being done."

"Done?" Izzie frowned.

"With the dating thing," Meredith sighed. "I...might have said something about being done with dating which was probably stupid and big and...people don't say that after first dates. They're not supposed to say that after their first dates but I did and...it was just so stupidly perfect and amazing and I wanted to tell him. So I did and...it was big. And huge and scary."

"Oh Mer," Izzie smiled. "What did he say?"

"I...nothing."

"Nothing? He didn't say anything?"

"I might have walked away."

"What? Why?"

"I don't...I just thought maybe he didn't think the same thing and I didn't...so I walked away."

"Meredith," Izzie groaned. "Of course he thinks the same way."

"You don't actually know that."

"Have you seen the way he looks at you?"