Short n Sweet

Sry it's so short, but I already released a chapter like a few hours ago. Thx y'all for 4.5k I honestly thought this book would only get like 100 reads at most. Brings me back to when I got excited about 10 reads on my first book. ✨😚*Nostalgia*😚✨

Sabrina's Pov

I was sitting at my piano, trying to find a good melody for my new song. It was going pretty good, the only part I was stuck on was the 3rd verse. It sounded pretty, and it was a love song about my girlfriend, Y/n. She had been dating me for about 6 months, and I knew that she was the one already. Of course, I knew that from the first date, but I was a lot more assured now. She could always make me laugh, and she was extremely beautiful. 

I played a few more notes on the piano and set my notebook down, sighing a bit. This was hard, and I knew I needed a break, although I was gonna keep going. I haven't slept more than 5 hours for like a week, and I could probably fall asleep right now.

Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind and I almost jumped. I heard Y/n giggle and squeeze a bit. I let out a chuckle and leaned back into her. "hey baby, whatcha doing?" She asked making a me sigh. "I'm trying to get the right notes for this song. It's not going so good." She looked at me with her beautiful Y/e/c eyes and a slight pout playing across her lips. "Aww, baby." I smiled a bit, leaning in to her embrace as she hugged me again. "You need a break. Come cuddle with me!" I giggled and shook my head. "No muffin, I need to finish this." She pouted and crossed her arms, although I saw her trying not to smile.

I knew she loved the nickname muffin, I had called her it on one of our first dates and it had always made her happy since then. I said it because she was soft and sweet, like a muffin. We both loved it, and she would usually be in a good mood once I said it. "Please, please, please?" she asked again, making me chuckle. "You can bring your notebook, in case you think of any good... notes? Chords? Words? I have no idea what you're doing." I laugh, knowing she's entirely clueless about music technologies. "All of those baby." She giggles and pulls me up off the bench. "Good, c'mon then. You can listen to music for inspiration while we're cuddling." Of course she would listen to music. She loves it, more than anything (other than me) and she's always listening to it. It's good, because I can tell what kind of mood she's in then.

She pulls me over to the bedroom, and I grab my notebook quickly before we're out the door. She jumps onto the bed, easy for her because she's already in her pajamas, which by the way are extremely cute. They are black and white plaid pants and a baggy Taylor Swift Tshirt for speak Now. I grin and run to the closet as she starts playing a song on her phone. I listen as I'm getting changed, wondering what it is. It's really nice, a perfect mix of slow and upbeat. I step out in small shorts and one of her hoodies, making me happy and relaxed already.

"Hey hun, what song is this?" I ask her, because I really like it. "It's called 'Crush Culture', it's by Conan Gray. Do you like it baby?" I nod, thankful she knew the name. Then I jump next to her and grin in the dim light, the room only lit by small fairy lights strung around the windows. I lay my arm out and she snuggles into me, her head on my chest and my arm behind her head. It was comfy, and I was already feeling a lot less stressed. 

(Guys I lowkey don't care that its from Eics, just say its new!!!)

I was suddenly struck with more lyrics for my song, and it felt right. I grab my notebook, and Y/n shifts, realizing I had an idea. She knows not to talk yet, in case it distracts me from the lyrics I though of. I scribble some down and then turn to show the notebook to her. "What about this baby?" I ask, showing her the page. 

We look good in photographs
I like the way you like to laugh at dirty jokes
I know they'll always land
Used to get work on time
But now you're taking up my nights
Never been so glad to be so tired

"So?" I aks as she looks them over, a smile playing over her features. "Is this song about me and you?" She asks, making me blush a bit. "Yeah... is that okay? Do you like it?" She grins and nods, letting me exhale. "Yeah, it seems really good. Such a lyricist, my girlfriend. Shakespeare could never." I giggle from her praise, she really did always make me laugh. "You're gonna come off as really cool in this song baby, get ready for it." I say, and now it's her turn to laugh. "Oh darling, I already am." She says in a funny accent with an attempted hair flip. I giggle and we lay back down, snuggling into each other.

"Now, you need to sleep." She says, making me groan. "No, I don't I'm totally fine!" She shakes her head and presses a soft kiss to my forehead, making me blush a little. "yes you do, now sleep." I begrudgingly  settle down and close my eyes, whispering one last thing before we drift off in each other's arms. 

"Night, Brinabear. Love you."

"I love you Y/n, goodnight muffin."

Btw, thx to @PJ2008for the request! Also, if u couldn't already tell, I'm a swiftie, Livie, Conehead, and of course Carpenter♥ Ahhh, I'm also going to the found heaven tour, and the Short n Sweet tour, Imma die. 

Everyone comment ur fav artist other than Sabrina, obvs