Chapter Twenty-Five: The Final Stand

[Luna's POV]

Darius's shout cut through the chaos, and I stumbled back, instinctively pressing against the wall. The tension in the air thickened, swirling around us like an oppressive fog. My heart raced as I watched him, a fierce determination burning in his eyes. I had never seen him so resolute, and it filled me with a fierce hope.

"Stay close," he murmured, his voice a low growl, but I could see the tension coiling within him. He was preparing to face Ulferix again, to protect me and reclaim everything we had lost.

As he turned to confront the darkness, a wave of dread washed over me. I could feel it, the malevolence that radiated from Ulferix like a poisonous aura. The memories of his cruelty flooded back—his taunts, the way he had taken me from everything I loved. I shivered at the thought, but I refused to let fear dictate my actions.

I had endured so much already, and now that Darius was here, I could feel the embers of my own power flickering to life. Together, we could face whatever horrors awaited us. I would not cower in fear; I would stand beside him.

"Darius," I called out, my voice steady despite the trembling in my heart. "I'm with you."

His gaze flickered back to me, and for a moment, the tension eased in his features. I saw the warmth in his eyes, the unwavering love that anchored us both. "I won't let anything happen to you," he vowed, and I felt a rush of courage swell within me.

The guards drew closer, their armor glinting in the dim light, but Darius stood firm, ready to unleash the full fury of his wolf. I could feel his power surging, and it intertwined with my own, creating a bond that radiated strength.

"Let's end this," he said, his voice a low rumble.

I nodded, determination fueling my every breath. "Together."

As the guards charged, Darius sprang into action. He moved like a shadow, graceful and lethal, each movement precise as he fought with the strength of a thousand wolves. I watched, my heart swelling with pride and love, as he defended our right to freedom with every blow.

But even as he fought, I felt the darkness creeping closer, the shadows stretching and writhing as if they were alive. Ulferix's laughter echoed in my mind, a twisted reminder of his presence lurking just beyond the shadows.

In that moment, I knew I couldn't just stand back—I had to fight. I closed my eyes and reached deep within, calling upon the magic that pulsed in my veins. I felt it flare to life, a warmth spreading from my core.

"Luna!" Darius shouted, but I didn't look back. I could sense him, fierce and unyielding, a beacon of light in the oppressive darkness.

I opened my eyes, feeling the energy surge through me, the bond between us fueling my determination. "I can help!" I shouted, channeling the magic into a focused beam of light that shot toward the guards.

The light erupted, illuminating the chamber in a brilliant glow. The guards faltered, momentarily blinded by the radiance, and I seized the opportunity. With Darius fighting at my side, I stepped forward, the energy radiating from me as if I were a star igniting in the night.

"Darius!" I called, and he glanced back, his expression fierce.

"Stay behind me!" he commanded, but I shook my head, resolute.

"I'm not leaving your side," I insisted, feeling the power coursing through me.

With our combined strength, we fought as one, our movements synchronized in a dance of light and shadow. Darius's ferocity was unmatched, and I matched him with the raw power of my magic, creating a barrier that pushed the guards back.