Chapter Thirty-Eight: Uniting Hearts

[Luna's POV]

The weeks passed in a blissful blur, each day filled with laughter, planning, and the thrill of anticipation. I embraced my changing body, savoring the joy of impending motherhood. Each morning, I awoke to the gentle warmth of Darius beside me, his presence a constant reminder of the love we shared. With his unwavering support, I felt empowered, ready to take on the world.

Our days were filled with light-hearted moments, laughter echoing through our home as we planned for the arrival of our little one. Each morning, I would wake up to Darius's warm smile, and I could feel my heart fluttering in my chest. He was everything I had ever wanted, and with each passing day, my love for him deepened. I delighted in the simple routines: breakfast together, long walks through the forest, and evenings spent wrapped in each other's arms, sharing our dreams and fears about parenthood.

One sunny afternoon, we gathered the pack for a meeting to announce our pregnancy. The atmosphere buzzed with excitement as Darius and I stood before our family and friends. With a shared glance, we smiled at each other, our hearts full as we prepared to share the news that would unite us further.

"Everyone, thank you for coming today," Darius began, his voice strong and steady. The crowd quieted down, eager to hear what he had to say. "Luna and I have something wonderful to share with you all."

I took a deep breath, my heart racing. "We're expecting a baby," I announced, the words tumbling out with a mix of joy and disbelief. The moment felt surreal, yet so right.

A cheer erupted from the crowd, faces lit with smiles and congratulatory shouts. I glanced at Darius, his pride evident, and felt a rush of love for the life we were creating together. The energy in the room was palpable, a beautiful blend of joy and anticipation, and I could see that our news was touching the hearts of those who cared for us.

As the celebration continued, I sorted through the nursery supplies we had gathered, feeling a sudden rush of emotions. It was a blend of excitement, fear, and hope swirling inside me. Would I be a good mother? Would our child be healthy and happy? The soft pastels of the nursery items seemed to mock my uncertainties, and I couldn't shake the doubt creeping into my mind.

I arranged a stack of tiny clothes—little onesies and soft blankets in delicate colors—my fingers brushing over the fabric as a sense of warmth washed over me. I thought about the little life that would soon be wrapped in these blankets, feeling a thrill at the thought of holding our baby for the first time. Suddenly, a gentle flutter inside me caught my attention. It was the baby moving—a reminder of the life growing within me. Each little shift sent a surge of warmth through my body, a reminder that I was not alone. I instinctively placed a hand on my belly, and for a brief moment, a flicker of energy danced in the air around me, a small burst of my powers awakening.

Just then, Darius entered the room, his gaze immediately settling on me. He sensed my distress, his brow furrowing with concern. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, stepping closer, his voice softening.

I looked up, my eyes glistening with unshed tears. "I just... I'm scared, Darius. What if I'm not ready for this?"

He knelt beside me, taking my hands in his, warmth radiating from his touch. "It's okay to feel scared, Luna. This is a huge change, but we're in this together. You're going to be an amazing mother."

"But what if I mess up?" I asked, my voice trembling, the weight of my fears pressing down on me.

"You won't mess up," Darius assured me, his grip firm and reassuring. "We'll figure it out as we go. And I promise to be right by your side every step of the way."

I took a deep breath, feeling comforted by his words. "You always know how to make me feel better."

"That's what I'm here for," he replied, a warm smile spreading across his face. "Now, let's finish setting up this nursery. We've got a lot to do!"