Chapter Twenty: Shadows of Fate

[Luna's POV]

I woke to the warm embrace of sunlight spilling through the blinds, its golden rays kissing my face. I squinted and stretched lazily, still cocooned in the bed, my thoughts drifting between the dream world and the reality of Darius's arms wrapped possessively around my waist. He was still fast asleep, his face serene, the usual intensity he carried softened by sleep. I traced his jawline with my gaze, feeling the weight of what the Moon Goddess had revealed to me—my destiny, our future, and the trials that awaited.

Her words haunted my thoughts, swirling in my mind like a storm. Your bond with Darius is only the beginning, she'd said, but your power is the key to more than just the pack's survival. You are the bridge between worlds. I shivered slightly, though not from the cold. What did it all mean? What lay ahead for us, for me? I was still grappling with it when I felt Darius stir beside me, his lips pressing gentle, lingering kisses along my neck, pulling me out of my reverie.

A soft smile tugged at my lips as I turned to him. "Good morning," I whispered, my voice still thick with sleep.

Darius pulled back, his golden eyes flickering with warmth as they met mine. He leaned in and pecked my lips before resting his forehead against mine. "Morning, princess. What's got you so deep in your thoughts?" His voice was gentle, but there was a knowing edge to it.

I shrugged and sighed, my fingers playing with a lock of his dark hair. "Just... thinking about the future," I admitted, my voice trailing off. I wasn't sure if I should tell him about the dream, about what the Moon Goddess had said. Not yet. It felt too heavy, too soon.

I turned fully toward him, placing my hand softly on his cheek. "I love you," I said, my voice a soft, reverent whisper, as if saying the words would anchor me in the moment, away from the storm in my mind.

Darius's smile widened, his eyes darkening with affection and desire. He pulled me closer, his lips capturing mine in a tender kiss that quickly deepened. His hands moved to the small of my back, drawing me in until there was no space left between us. My soft moan filled the air as his tongue slipped into my mouth, coaxing a deeper response from me. I tangled my fingers in his hair, losing myself in the heat of the kiss.

Before I knew it, Darius was on top of me, his weight pressing me into the mattress. His lips trailed down my neck, and I gasped as his fingers slipped beneath my nightgown, brushing over my breasts, sending a shiver up my spine. I moaned again, arching into his touch, my body responding eagerly to him.

He pulled back slightly, his eyes flashing red, the hunger in them unmistakable. "I want to taste you," he growled, his voice rough with need.

With a swift motion, he ripped my panties off, his lips traveling down my body before his tongue found its mark. A moan escaped me as I bucked against his mouth, my body already aflame with pleasure. "I need you," I gasped, my voice trembling with desire.

Darius didn't need to be told twice. He was on top of me again, his pants discarded, and he entered me slowly, filling me completely. I cried out, gripping his shoulders as waves of ecstasy crashed over me. He started slow, his movements deliberate, and then he lifted my leg, adjusting me to hit deeper. My moans became more frequent, more desperate as the pleasure built.

His pace quickened, his lips finding mine again in a fiery kiss. My body tightened around him, the pressure building until I was teetering on the edge. His sultry voice whispered in my ear, "You feel so good, little wolf."

That was all it took. I cried out as the orgasm hit me, my body clenching around him. Moments later, I felt Darius follow, his body shuddering as he spilled inside me.