Chapter Thirty-Seven: Blossoming Bonds

[Luna's POV]

As the morning light filtered through the curtains, I stirred, feeling the comforting warmth of Darius beside me. I turned, a soft smile tugging at my lips as I took in his peaceful face, his features relaxed in sleep. I leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek, the simple act filling me with a wave of affection.

"Mmm, good morning, my love," Darius murmured, his eyes fluttering open, locking onto mine with that familiar, loving gaze.

"Good morning," I whispered, my heart swelling as he stretched, pulling me closer into his embrace.

"Did you sleep well?" His voice was deep and warm, resonating in the quiet of our room.

"Better than I have in weeks," I admitted with a contented sigh. "Last night was... magical."

Darius chuckled, his eyes glinting with mischief. "Magical, huh? I'll take that as a compliment."

I giggled, feeling the flush in my cheeks. "You should. You always know how to make me feel cherished."

His expression softened, and he brushed a thumb over my cheek. "You are cherished, Luna. Never forget that."

My heart raced at the sincerity in his voice. I nestled further into his arms. "I won't. Thank you for always being so supportive."

"You deserve nothing less, especially now," he said, his hand moving gently to rest on my growing belly. His touch sent a flutter of warmth through me, and I smiled softly at the thought of our child growing inside me. Our family.

The sunlight continued to spill into the room, illuminating it with a golden hue as we lay in the quiet, savoring the moment. My mind wandered to everything ahead of us—the nursery, the life we were building, and the family we were creating.

"Do you want to head down for breakfast, or should I bring it up here?" Darius asked, his tone light as he propped himself up on one elbow.

I thought for a moment, my hand instinctively rubbing my belly. "Let's go down. I think Mum and Dad will already be in the kitchen. Maybe we can share breakfast together?"

He smiled. "Sounds perfect. Plus, I'm sure your mother will be more than happy to fuss over you now that the secret's out."

I laughed at the thought. Mum had always been overprotective, but since we told her about the baby, her maternal instincts had kicked into overdrive.

Darius hopped out of bed and pulled on a pair of comfortable jeans. I followed, slipping into a light sundress that hugged my small bump, smiling at the sight of it in the mirror. The thought of our little one growing inside me brought a sense of awe and anticipation I couldn't quite put into words.

"Ready?" he called, standing by the door with that teasing smile that always made my heart skip a beat.

"Ready!" I replied, taking his hand as we headed downstairs.

The scent of fresh bread and tea wafted from the kitchen, and sure enough, Mum was already bustling about, preparing breakfast. Dad sat at the table, flipping through the morning paper, but his eyes lit up when he saw us enter.

"There she is," Dad said with a wide grin, his voice filled with affection. He stood and enveloped me in a warm hug. "How are you feeling this morning, darling?"

"I'm good, Dad. Better, actually," I said, leaning into his comforting embrace before turning to Mum, who was already placing a plate of toast and eggs on the table.

"Morning, sweetheart!" Mum chirped, her smile as bright as the morning sun. She came over, fussing slightly as she patted my belly. "I made your favorite—eggs with a side of fresh berries."