Chapter Thirty-Two: Whispers of Forever

[Luna's POV]

The days leading up to Trent and Lydia's wedding were filled with joy and anticipation. With just three days left until the big day, the castle buzzed with activity as the preparations intensified. I stood in the grand hall, watching as the decorations slowly came together. The ceiling twinkled with fairy lights, casting a soft glow over the space. Every detail was being carefully arranged, and it all started to take shape for Trent and Lydia's special day.

A long table lined the center of the hall, covered in swaths of delicate lace and adorned with vibrant floral arrangements. Each centerpiece featured a mix of pastel blooms—delicate roses, cheerful daisies, and fragrant lilies—each carefully selected to reflect Trent and Lydia's personalities. The scent of fresh flowers filled the air, mingling with the warmth of excitement that enveloped the room. As I wandered through the hall, I felt as if I were stepping into a fairytale, where every element was crafted with love and intention.

Trent was deeply immersed in conversations with the event coordinators, directing the flow of the preparations with a mix of excitement and nerves. His face was a picture of determination, the weight of the upcoming celebration evident in his expression. I couldn't help but smile, knowing how much this day meant to him. He had waited so long to find someone who truly understood him, and now that he had Lydia, the joy radiating from him was contagious.

"Hey, where did you wander off to?" Darius's voice, smooth and deep, pulled me back to the present. He was suddenly beside me, his hand gently grazing my arm.

I chuckled softly, shaking my head. "Just thinking about how beautiful everything is coming together for Trent and Lydia."

Darius leaned closer, his breath warm against my ear. "It is beautiful, but not as beautiful as you." His words sent a delightful shiver down my spine.

We stood together, watching the preparations unfold, and I felt the electricity between us. The excitement for Trent and Lydia's wedding was palpable, but it only seemed to amplify the connection I shared with Darius. I glanced up at him, finding his golden eyes gleaming with affection, a look that made my heart flutter.

"Let's steal a moment for ourselves," he suggested, a playful glint in his eyes.

I raised an eyebrow, smirking. "What do you have in mind?"

Without answering, Darius pulled me into a cozy corner of the hall, away from prying eyes. He leaned in, capturing my lips in a slow, passionate kiss. The world around us faded as I melted into him, the warmth of his body grounding me in the moment.

"See? Much better than watching flowers being arranged," he murmured, brushing his thumb against my cheek.

I laughed, feeling my heart flutter. "You have a point."

Darius stepped back slightly, his gaze darkening as he took in my expression. "You know, every time I see you, I can't help but want you even more," he confessed, his voice low and sultry.

A heat crept up my cheeks as I met his gaze, feeling the familiar spark of desire flare between us. "You're not making this easy, are you?"

He grinned, leaning down to press a teasing kiss on my neck. "Not at all. I want you to feel as cherished as you are, especially with all this wedding chaos."

We eventually made our way back to the ongoing preparations, but the tension lingered in the air between us. The love we shared seemed to grow deeper with each passing moment, reminding me that even amid the excitement for Trent and Lydia, our bond remained unshakeable.

As the evening before the wedding approached, the grand hall had transformed into a breathtaking setting, filled with flowers and candles lining the aisles, glowing with warmth and love. My heart raced as I watched the transformation unfold, feeling the anticipation build with each passing minute. It was as if every element was coming together to create the perfect backdrop for a union that had been destined to happen.