33 || Failed Transmission

Thanks for reading!

Last revision: 4/7/2013  

She dug her hands deep into the earth, allowing moist granulations to ooze between her fingers and up her arms as they plummeted into the soil, feeling the contrasting moisture and sandy textures as they passed over her skin, and relaxing as she absorbed the experience into her soul.  She shuddered slightly as she consciously noticed that the energy from this earth was almost overpowering to her senses.  While she found the energy emanating from this earth exhilarating, she also found it much more intense than energies native to her home planet.  Occasionally, she determined that it was discomforting – like a quick electric jolt that doesn’t really hurt but leaves you feeling a titch jittery and perhaps a little tingly.  It was this sensation that made it difficult to effectively focus on her goal – she was here to listen to the earth and in order to do that, she had to flush her mind of everything else – it had to be clear and focused solely on her goal of hearing what this planet might say when it spoke to her. 

She struggled through these jolting sensations for many minutes before hearing anything whatsoever and she distinctly understood that her failures were directly related to her inability to properly channel the overwhelming amount of energy around her.  With all of this excess energy traversing throughout her body, she felt like running as fast as she could or swimming through the waters to use it up – but for now, she had to remain calm and relatively motionless. 

If this had been her home planet, she would have received a communication by now – but one had to be patient with these things – they cannot be forced.  Finally, and after what felt like many hours (despite what the sun in the sky told her about the real passage of time), she felt an immense rushing sensation as energy surged through her with remarkable ease and without any conscious effort.  She recognized this familiar feeling.  She could relax more now.  She knew that she had finally succeeded. 

Evelia rejoiced in her soul as the scene continued and as the magic woman learned about the child Elayuh.  Evelia absorbed the memory as if it were her own.  Her feelings mirrored the magic woman’s feelings and she intuitively received the communication in the same way as the magic woman.   She learned the same things and understood them with the same perspectives as the magic woman.  Their feelings were united.  Their understandings were united.  In one sense, their souls were becoming one.  As Evelia intuited this conclusion in the subconscious portion of her mind, the scene changed again.

The magic woman hungrily absorbed energy until the surrounding air seemed to rush around her like a brisk wind in a canyon.  She could sense that Blaze perceived this energy flow as a small breeze of wind rather than understanding it for what it really was.  For being so brilliant in so many ways, this species is very naïve, she judged.  Ever trying to learn about nature but nearly always failing to become one with her. 

She focused on channeling those amassed energies through the body of the frail young woman who lay before her – the woman with an unnatural poison coursing through her veins.  She passively allowed her mind to concentrate on the blood flow of this woman, to visualize the path of blood throughout her body, to imagine herself as a traveling unit of red blood cells coursing throughout her veins – this had to be intuitive, unforced, and un-intellectual.  This had to be kinesthetic, nothing more than a feeling, an exercise in guided intuition – but it also had to be anatomically correct and flawless – the body itself could speak these things to her if she listened well.  As the magic woman released amassed energies, she guided them through the blood system of this foreign species and triumphantly –albeit slowly – observed the poison exit the body.  Moments later, the infection was gone – all that was left was for the body to recover from damage left behind by the poison.  This process was more difficult.  This was tricky.