★ Chapter 3 ★

3: Cotton Candy Kiss

- Simonéa -

"What?" I said staring at them blankly.

"Yeah, you heard me and don't even make it sound like she chased you. I'm not that stupid."

"Wait a minute, I'm going to need you to slow down. This is all a big misunderstanding, believe me I've heard the rumors but-"

She then interrupted me mid sentence, "Why lie? On top of all the things going around about you, we know you kissed her."

"KISSED HER?!?!?! Who the fuck told you that?"

"Kia's been saying it. We represent the first Akia offensive. No girl spends time with her unless we say so."

"Kia? Akia Jones? She really said that?"

"God she really is dumb!" One of her friends spat out. Now I really was slightly getting aggravated.

"We don't think a dog like you can give Kia the kind of loyalty she deserves."

"That's right. And we don't say so." Another one chimed in.

"And just what exactly does that mean?" I said annoyed.

"It's obvious. You're the type that would date Kia one night, then go out with someone the next. All they have to do is throw some money at you, fucking whore. You're nothing but a low class rat. You should be bowing down to her!"

Then anger completely consumed me head to toe.

"How dare you talk time like that! Who the fuck do you think you are?!" I charged at her but her two friends blocked her.

"Hands off me bitch! Let me the fuck at her! Don't fucking run away you big mouthed bitch! You aren't going to get away with this! I'm going to talk to Kia my damn self! Face up to me scary ass chick!"

Then one of her friends ripped my necklace off. It was a locket that had the picture of Jaelyn, Alyssa, and her brother. I instantly pushed the other girl off me and went to grab the locket. But just as I reached it the girl stepped on it with a loud crack to it.

"You keep your dirty hands off of Kia. Understand? You think you're Kia's type? Let me tell you clearly, you're- not." She spat out clicking her tongue midway.

I shook in complete anger gripping my fists, "Move yo stank ass foot..."

"What?"

"I SAID MOVE YOUR STANK ASS FEET!" I yelled causing her and her friends to take a step back.

"How dare you... how dare you break my necklace!" I yelled grabbing onto her shirt as her two friends moved farther back. I'm not a violent girl, but...

"Alright, Nea! Do it!" Yelled a voice.

I looked over at the bench nearby confused but then I noticed Akia sitting there smiling hard. The girl's two friends instantly ran in Kia's direction yelling ,

"Help us!"

"Kia, help us!"

"I really don't want to get in the middle of this. Sorry, but that's a girl thing." She said raising her hands. I threw the girl I had in a grip to the side and walked over to Kia as calmly as I could.

"What's the matter, Nea? Aren't you going to finish them off? You know give em a good ass whopping."

Once I reached her I balled up my fist, "Whose problem.. do you think... THIS IS?!" I yelled punching her dead in the face. She fell back and off the bench as the three girls screamed out.

"Aaaa, ooooow. That hurts. You've got quite the punch, Nea." She groaned rubbing her cheek.

I then grabbed her by her shirt, "When and where did I ever kiss you?"

"Well, uhh.." she muttered out.
"I'm, uh... surprised you don't remember. It was only two years ago."

I looked at her confused but then it hit me.

"Two years ago?"

"Yeah. When the typhoon came. We were both sophomores."

Two years ago... sophomore year...

When I was a life guard at the beach!

"That was you?! The dumb ass who drowned trying to use the pink beach ball as a flotation device?!"

"Well, uh... I guess. But after that, you gave me mouth to mouth resuscitation." ❤

"Mouth to mouth? That wasn't me.."

"Wait a minute. It must have been. I remember the waves... the long curly hair... who else could've it been?"

"The main lifeguard. Remember? The real husky one all the girls fell for. Long hair, buff body, abs."

"No way."

"Way."

"It wasn't."

"It was."

She instantly became lifeless laying on the ground face down.

"Say it's a lie.. ruined.. my great memory.. ruined." She mumbled into the ground.

I slickly wanted to bust out laughing but I kept it in. The girls had already scurried away after I punched Akia.

"So, are you going to be a gentlelady and help me fix things?"

"Fix things?"

"People have been talking, and if I hadn't stopped those three, they would have.." Then realization hit me once again.

"Tell me they are the only ones! Have you been telling other people?"

She then stared at me silently and I went off again,
"You asshole! It'll be all over school by now!"

I started pushing her as she blocked my hits, "Ugh! What am I supposed to do now?! By tomorrow everyone will be talking! And I didn't even kiss you!" It's not that I care about people talking shit but I just want a low profile, you know? Ahh.. if Jaelyn hears the rumors, I may as well be dead!

"Is there anything we can do? To keep the lie from spreading? To let them know what really happened!" I asked her.

"Sure, we can turn the rumor into truth."

"Rally, we can? How?"

She then got close to me and I looked at her confused. But then she caught me off guard swiftly pulling me into a kiss.

The kiss was sweet, unexpectedly and gloriously sweet like candy, cotton candy. If we were in a movie, angels would have been singing in the background. Sweetness matched sweetness, her lips were so soft and it felt good. But I quickly snapped back into reality...