⚡ Chapter 16 ⚡️

16: Back to Back

Simonéa

The slap sounds off throughout the whole cafeteria. Everyone stops what they're doing and turn their attention to us. Alani was caught off guard, as she held her cheek in utter shock.

"You don't know Akia. You don't know anything about her!" I yell stepping closer to her, "You don't know anything about her, so shut the fuck up!"

Alani stares at me for a good two more seconds before breaking out in a loud fit of crying. She gets on her knees and continues to sob loudly, "Why!"

"What's wrong?" Steps in a kid.

"Are you okay?" His friend steps up as well along with a few other boys.

"I was minding my own business, I didn't do anything!" She runs into his chest as she points at me, "And, Simonéa she just hit me!"

They all turn their attention to me with a look of anger.

"Shut that shit up Alani! I know Akia ain't the best, but she does have a lot of good things going for her. Unlike you, she's honest!" I point right back at her.

"But, Nea– I thought we were friends!" She whimpers before crying back into this kid's chest.

"Damn, Nea. I don't know what just happened here but there was no reason to hit her!"

"No kidding!"

"Everyone in class is disgusted with the way you are already and you made it a whole lot worse trynna be a home-wrecker between Alani's and Jaelyn's relationship!"

"Since you were swimming so well today, we were willing to give you a second chance! But, you just blew that too!"

"Yeah!"

They all began to gang up on me and talk all at once as I rolled my eyes. They began to ask me to say sorry and I just glared at Alani as she had a smirk across her face.

How much I want to punch that smirk right off her fucking face, son.

"There ain't no way in hell that I'm apologizing to that bitch! She should be apologizing to me!" I clarify.

"Are you delusional? You just hit her in the face for no reason!"

"Her cheek is starting to swell!"

"This has nothing to do with you! Y'all don't even know what the fuck is going on! Get the fuck off me!" I snap as three guys grabbed me by my arms. "I'm not even playin' no more, bro. If you got sumthin' to say to me Alani, I'd rather do that shit in private then in front of the whole damn school!"

She clutches onto the kid's arm in horror, "See what I mean now! If she gets me alone in a room she'll end up hitting me again! She always hits me!"

"Did you hear that?"

"What a bully!"

"You won't get away with this!"

Kids began to chatter all around me as my anger only grows in the depths of my core. I was so angry that I had to conceal my anger by biting my lip.

Alani gives me a cutesy smile.

I take a deep breath and try to think.

This isn't going well...
These people will never believe me over her. No matter what I say, she'll be able to manipulate my words and backfire them at me.