✯ Chapter 5 ✯

✯ 5 : I Actually Like You ✯

One day after school, Simonéa got a note out of her locker that read

'Nea, I need to discuss something important with you. Meet me near the swimming pool.'
-- Akia

Meanwhile, Akia found a note from Simonéa that read

'Kia, I want to talk about our future. Meet me near the swimming pool.'
-- Simonéa

Akia went straight to the swimming pool as the note said. She waited about 30 minutes until she started wondering where Simonéa was.

She sighed, "What's talking her so long. She's the one who asked me to come."

She sighed once more than took a picture from her back pocket. It was a picture she valued dearly, she stared at it for awhile until a gust of wind blew and it slipped right from between her hands.

It landed right on the edge of the pool so Akia thought she could get it without actually getting in the pool. She grabbed a nearby broom and tried to drag it closer to her but it only pushed it farther away.

She groaned in frustration and reached farther while holding onto the pool's stair handles. But then she slipped...

- Simonéa -

'Now, what does that smart ass want. Dragging me back here.. she wouldn't be thinking about trying something out where there's no one around, I know she's not that thick headed...'
But once I got to the pool Akia was nowhere to be seen.

'What the fuck...' I roamed around the poolside some more looking for her. Strangely, I saw something underwater so I took a closer look and noticed it was Akia.

"Akia, what do you think you're doing!?!" I screamed her way but there was no response.

"Knock it off, right now Akia!!"

But there was still no response. 'Oh No! Don't tell me she really is...' I instantly threw off my shoes, and dived head first into the pool. I grabbed her from underwater and pulled her up to the surface. I coughed up some water but continued pushing her onto the pool side.

I joined by her side on the pool side as I tried to get her to respond.

"Akia!! Wake up, Akia. Akia?"
I checked to see if she was breathing and she wasn't. It's just like that time at the beach two years ago.

I remembered, they taught me how to do mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. The brain needs oxygen within four minutes of being unconscious, or it's all over. Plus, I don't even know when she even passed out. I've got do this, and do it now...

--------------

"What are you talking about, Alani? I don't believe it."

"It's true. I just saw them making out by the pool. I knew something was up. I could tell. If you don't believe me, go look!"

"Right there." She pointed over to the pool side. But as Jaelyn looked over she instantly noticed something wasn't right.

"Wait a minute, something isn't right."

Alani looked at her crazy, "What.. what are you talking about?"

Jaelyn quickly ran to the gate of the pool, "Simonéa, what's going on? What's wrong?!"

- Simonéa -

Just as I began to give Akia mouth-to-mouth resuscitation I heard someone call out to me.

"Simonéa, what's going on? What's wrong?"

I quickly looked over to the pool's gate to see Jaelyn and Alani.