✖ Chapter 7 ✖

7 : Trap Kiss

- Simonéa -

Next day of school, I decided to lay low. I didn't want Jaelyn to find me easily because I was too upset. But as I passed by the school's gate Jaelyn was waiting for me.

"Aye, Simonéa about yesterday..."

But, I dodged her acting as if I didn't see her. I walked past and continued on my path to class.

I can't bear to look at her any more. I pulled out the ear chain that I took from Jaelyn's wallet and stared at it for awhile.

Why would she have Alani's ear chain in her wallet. I just don't get it. It's not that I've started to believe Alani but there must be something going on between them. And, that condom... it's just so nerve wrecking.

"What you got there, Nea?"

I jumped turning around to see Akia standing behind me.

"Is it something that Jaelyn got you?" Asked Akia.

"W-w-w-where did you come from?!" I stuttered out in shock.

"Damn I'm impressed, she must move fast." Akia laughed ignoring my question.

"N-no! It's not what you think!"

"Guess it's true, the strong silent types are always the quickest with the ladies." Akia said still laughing.

I was just about to hit her, but then I noticed that she actually could be right. I sat back down against the pool's gate and began to sulk.

"Uh, Nea?" Akia asked getting a glimpse of my face. Tears were seconds from falling from my eyes.

"Uh, what happened Nea? You aren't actually crying are you?"

"Just shut up, and go away." I yelled to her walking over to the school's garden.

*******

Alani tapped Jaelyn on the shoulder smiling, "What's the matter, Jae? Fight with Nea?"

"Oh, you mean Simonéa told you about us?" Asked, Jaelyn confused.

"Of course. Me and Nea are best friends. So you can talk to me."

"Actually, I don't know what's going on. Yesterday, while we were together she just ran off." Jaelyn stated rubbing her hair.

"Sounds like she has a problem."

"A problem?" Jaelyn asked.

"You know, maybe because you saw her giving Akia mouth-to-mouth. She's worried that might have hurt you and she can't forget it."

"That's dumb. If she hadn't done what she did, Akia would've died. I'm going too find her right now now and tell her to quit worrying about that."

But, as Jaelyn left to get Simonéa, Alani pulled her back,"Wait. Hold on. That won't work. Don't you get it? If you tell her you don't care, what you're really saying is that you do care. She'll know you've been thinking about it."

"Well then, what am I supposed to do?" Jaelyn asked Alani.

"Well, if you want my advice."

She then pulled Jaelyn close and whose in her ear, "You should walk right up to her and kiss her."

Jaelyn then backed up and her whole face warmed up red.

"If you do that, she'll know that you still like her and that Akia thing didn't turn you off."