⊗ Chapter 11 ⊗

11: You Make Me Suicidal

Jaelyn

"Nea, and Akia?"

"I'm sorry. I hate to be bringing you down while you're still recovering and all. But, I figured I should tell you before you hear it from someone else."

"Nea... and Kia... that can't be..." Jaelyn said slowly as she tried her best to take in what Alani just told her.

"I just don't understand her. I'm so sorry. I don't know how she could do this to you. And, while you're in the hospital!" Cried Alani seeming upset.

"This is too much..." Said Jaelyn speechless.

**

Simonéa

Akia was with me as well as we rode in an cab to the hospital.

"The teacher told the class three days ago that Jaelyn had appendicitis."

"Yeah, the day I was late..." I muttered pissed.

"But, the thing is Alani passed around a note in class to keep everyone from telling you, claiming that Jaelyn is actually her girlfriend."

"Ugh!" I groaned out gripping my fist, "That no good piece of... turned the whole Damn class against me. Jaelyn's in the damn hospital and I'm the only one who doesn't know shit!"

"Nea, calm down..." said Akia softly.

"Fuck no! The more I think about the madder I get! And, that fucking look she gave us when she saw us in the hallway. Plus, this is your fault too! When we get there, you better explain what really happened in the hallways to Jaelyn, understand?"

"Okay, I will... but did you have to tie me up?" Asked Akia tugging at the rope wrapped around her wrists.

"It's the only way I can trust you not to touch what you're not supposed to." I said rolling my eyes.

"Come on, you can trust me!" She whined. "This isn't legal!"

--

"I thought it was weird when you first told me. I was wondering why Nea would want to keep you two a secret."

"Well, now we know. She wanted to keep Akia on the sidelines." Said Jaelyn turning away from Alani.

"Nea's a friend and I don't want to talk shit about her... but, I never knew she was like that. I really don't like people who play games when it comes to relationships, so I just can't forgive her. Neither do I want to be her friend anymore." Scoffed Alani.

But, Jaelyn remained silent as she thought...

--

"How did you and Alani become friends anyways?" Asked Akia curiously.

"We were never friends! She just latched onto me like the annoying ass bitch she is!" I snapped.

"Oh, really? There was no specific way y'all two met?" Asked Akia , "I'm just wondering..."

"Well..." I said taking a deep breath to calm down, "At first, I thought we were friends..."

"It was just before school started when I got sick with a bad flu. So, I was absent the whole first week. By the time I came back everyone already had their own little cliques. I had no specific friends at first, and the only thing I was happy about was Jaelyn being in my class. But, people even spread rumors saying that the actual reason I missed that first week was because I was having a baby..." I said trailing off as by chest grew heavy, "I was so hurt... and lonely... that I casted my self out from everyone else." I continued as my eyes grew wet, "And, Alani was the only one there for me at the time... and I was so glad I finally made a friend, who I THOUGHT I could trust!" I stated raising my voice as I gripped my fist shaking away the tears that dared to fall.