✘ Chapter 9 ✘

9 : Drama, & Heartache

Jaelyn

"Hey, Alani. Good morning." I said as I walked over to my locker.

But, as she turned around I noticed that she was crying.

"Wait, why're you crying?" I asked her.

"Nea called me last night..."

"Okay, and..."

"She was calling me names, and cussing me out. Said she saw us yesterday while we were in the garden. She saw us kiss, and she said she hates me." Cried Alani.

"You've gotta be kidding me, you serious?"

"Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do... I did it for her." She cried even more.

"Uh, first of all you wanna go outside? There's too many kids around." I suggested leading her outside.

We went over to the bike racks and I noticed she had a bruise on her cheek, "Where'd you get that bruise from?"

"Oh, uh... it's nothing. I fell down..."

"You fell down? Since when did falling down bruise your face?" I asked confused.

"I'm just clumsy? Okay, forget about-"

"Hey, Jaelyn!" Called Nea storming over to me, "We need to talk, right quick." She stated pulling me away from Alani.

"Wait a minute, Nea I'm not done-"

"I don't have a minute, just come here!" She growled and once we were a good distance from Alani she crossed her arms looking as mad as ever.

"I don't want you talking to Alani!" She yelled. "You guys were talking about me weren't you?"

"No, we weren't actually." I chuckled.

"Well, whatever she says, don't believe it! She's a repulsive liar! Trust me when I say this, I know her. She might say a lot of stuff about me but it won't be true. So, don't ever listen to her. Matter in fact, don't even look at her! Understood?!" She yelled.

"Uh, what's the big deal, Nea? She's your friend isn't she?"

"My friend?" She then started laughing hysterically, "You're kidding me right?"

I then stared at her blankly causing her to let out a sigh, "Alani... I don't know what she is to me. But I just have one question..."

"Which is?"

"You and Alani aren't seeing each other behind my back, are you?" She asked looking down at her feet.

I then instantly got nervous as I rubbed my curls, "Uh, no. I'm with you, you're my girlfriend. Alani's just a friend." I said playing off my nervousness smoothly, "Why would you even ask something like that?"

I said slowly thinking that she was pissed.

"Okay, forget it then. Just thought I'd ask." She smiled.

**

Simonéa

Me, Alani, Jaelyn, and some other kids had volunteered to clean the classroom for after school. But, obviously I already know that Alani only volunteered to annoy me.

The boys including Jaelyn weren't really taking anything seriously while they talked, and played around.

Meanwhile us girls, were cleaning except Alani of course. She was too worried about messing up her new fake nails.