☼ Chapter 18 ☼

- revise the chapter before this just to refreshen your mind since I haven't updated in so long. 😬

18: Second Chance

Simonéa

"Nea? Simonéa? Simonéa!" Jaelyn's voice snaps me from my thoughts and I gaze over at Jaelyn. "Baby? You okay?"

I looked around and then realized we were currently after school studying.

"O-Oh, yeah... My bad. I was in dreamland," I laughed while rubbing my neck. "Thanks for helping me out with my studying... I really suck at math."

"It's alright," she laughs. "Let's hurry and finish so we can get something to eat."

Her haircut suited her well and her silky eyelashes stood out like never before.

Jaelyn suddenly leaned in to kiss me on the lips but I jumped back, "Stop!"

Jaelyn's eyes widened and things fell into an awkward silence. We wrapped up for the day and she didn't speak to me at all during the car ride to my place.

I got out after I thanked her and she spared me a smile before she drove off.

Why do I keep pushing her away?

I frown and collapsed onto my bed.

Akia has been heavy on mind...

I miss her.

The next day during gym I noticed Alani at a basketball hoop with nobody else

She was dribbling the ball alone with sadness consuming her whole.

I feel bad for her...

A basketball swished in the air and I heard a loud slam. I looked over to find Alani sprawled on the floor wincing at a blow to her back.

A group of girls were laughing nearby.

"Sorry! Did that hit you?"

I'm not gone allow any bullying.

Against my will I looked at Audrey and said, "Aye! Play Opal and the rest."

I then went over to Alani and tossed her a basketball, "Let's play one on one."

All my friends watched me in confusion but I gave them a reassuring smile before they continued their match.

This is for the sake of our old friendship...

Alani was literally beaming in happiness the remainder of our gym class.