ღ Chapter 17 ღ

17: Heartache?

Simonéa

It's been a whole two months since me and Jaelyn got back together. She even got this whole new haircut to celebrate a fresh start or whatever she said. Things have honestly been the best.

We were currently walking our way to school. Jaelyn obviously aggravated.

"Are you going to do that every time you see me from now on?" She muttered, while I rubbed her short hair.

"But, it's so soft." I laugh finally letting her go.

"I bet it is," she laughs and we make it into the entrance.

A new semester starts today, second to the last. Me and the girls on the swimming team have bonded a lot closer. Low key; I've peeped Opal getting a little sweet spot for me, but it's okay since she knows her lane. Aubrey is a senior, Opal a junior, and Celeste a junior as well.

"So, have you and Jaelyn did anything yet?" Opal grins at me, we were in our first class.

"In what way?" I eye her skeptically.

"In that way," she grins even wider.

"Nope, definitely not yet." I shut their assumptions down immediately.

"What?! Why not!" Chimes in Aubrey.

"Believe it or not, I'm saving myself until marriage. Thank you, no thank you."

"You kidding me?" Celeste stares at me as if I'm as stupid as a monkey.

"I mean, at least until I've been with the other person for a long while, and know that they deserve it." I try to come out more clearer.

"How long?" Aubrey pitches in.

"At least a year or two." I state.

"Or two?! Who would wait that long!" Opal gawks at me.

"You know what? Why the fuck are we talking about this!" I snap at them all.

We all began to laugh.

"What do you guys do when you're alone then? If y'all ain't ya' know? Netflix and chillin~" Aubrey coos.

I roll my eyes, "Aubs. Go to bed, go to sleep now. Cause you sleep ass hell!"

We all start to laugh.

"There's such things as traveling! Going to movies! Enjoying life, not just having sex, nigga!" I declare, before laughing some more.

Aubrey stares at me in awe before looking out to the side. Her facial expression shifted but I couldn't quite see her face—

"Hey, Simonéa!" Calls out a voice, snapping me from my thoughts.