❣ Chapter 14 ❣

14: A Sudden Feeling

Simonéa

I was paying my last visit to the hospital. Outside of Jaelyn's hospital room I took a deep breath. I had a bouquet of Jaelyn's favorite flowers which were purple Lantanas.

It sucks that it had to end like this. All wanted was for her to believe me. I wanted her to comfort me, and understand why I'd get angry.

But, she never believed me. She always listened to Alani instead.

I love Jaelyn, that won't change even now. But, this can't be fixed. So, this is my final Goodbye.

With tears in my eyes, and an arrow in my heart, I placed the flowers outside her hospital room, and left without a word.

--

{School}

"The class who comes in first today wins a pizza party, and the class that comes in last has to attend a full week of summer classes over the vacation!" Announces our school's Assistant Principal.

Today, was the swimming contests I've been practicing for. I was stretching underneath the beating sun as crowds of loud students were sitting outside in the bleachers that now surrounded the once quiet swimming pool.

"God, it's scorching hot. Whoever's in these swimming races is going to get burnt to a crisp." Cooed Alani as she shaded her face with her hand.

Annoying ass bitch...
I'm going to win every single race today and show Alani that no matter what she tries she'll never control my life.

--

"Did you hear that Simonéa use to be the best swimmer on the swimming team since middle school?"

"Yeah, she's definitely going to win us this party, bro!" A boy said laughing with the rest of his friends.

Oh, hell no...

If Simonéa wins all the races that means she'll get attention. Which means she may get more popular than me...

I've got a plan...

"Hey, girls!" Yelled Alani walking over to three girls from the swimming team.

One had a bob cut, and the two others seemed to be her friends.

"I've got a favor to ask of you." Grinned Alani as she pulled them aside.

--

Simonéa

Before any of the races began. I decided to try out the swimming pool's water. I had on the swimming team's required bathing suit which was really tight on me.

I was floating around minding my own business, just thinking. Until all of a sudden, "Heads up!" Screamed a group of girls.

I was instantly dragged underneath the water by a tight hold from the back. As hands were all over me, I couldn't even see. So, I couldn't help but elbow the person that behind me in the stomach as I began to lose my breath underneath the water. I swam to the top and two girls I recognized from swimming practice had smirks on their faces as I coughed up some water.

"You think shit was fucking funny!" I screamed at them.

"Sorry." Was all they both said in unison as they began to swim off.

But, as I looked back underneath the water I noticed the girl with the bob haircut unconscious. Give me a break...

"Wake up, Opal. Wake up!" I demanded as I slapped her face repeatedly but not too hard.