Chapter 14

Rachel's POV

Harry knocked lightly on my door one evening, and I looked up from the book I was reading. I was still reading the Great Gatsby. I quickly put my bookmark in and closed the book shoving it under a pillow. What if Harry got pissed seeing me reading it? What if he didn't want me touching his stuff? I was just being cautious about things.

"Come in." I answer in a small voice. I was trying to be a little more friendlier so he wouldn't get all suspicious when I got friendly when Liam came over. The door opens and Harry pokes his head in. He places his whole body in my room and closes the door softly. He looks at me and clears his throat.

"So Rachel I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat." Harry asks looking anxious. I raise an eyebrow a little. Why would he want to take me anywhere to eat? "I mean, I know you've been cooped up in this house for ages, so I thought this could be fun." Harry doesn't say anything else, he just stands there, waiting for me to answer. I avert my eyes from Harry's and shrug.

"Sure. If it's what you want." I mutter my answer. Harry nods, a pleased look crossing his face.

"Alright, we could leave at eight?" he asks. I shrug.

"Fine." I wasn't too thrilled to be dining out with Harry, I knew things would be awkward. I mean we weren't a couple, we weren't friends. I didn't know what we were. Our relationship wasn't average. Harry left my room and I reached under my pillow and grabbed the book. But I wasn't able to concentrate on it fully. I let out a sigh and closed the book falling back onto my bed.

....

I got downstairs and found Harry sitting on the arm of the couch tapping his foot. He was wearing a band-t with the sleeves torn off and possibly the tightest jeans made on this earth were painted onto his legs. They had holes in either knee. Harry looked up at me and focused his green eyes on me. I'd settled for a simple look. Skinny jeans, but not nearly as tight as Harry's. My top had tribal print on the front, and I wore a pair of moccasin boots with fringe. I didn't know what to do, but I felt a bit uncomfortable under Harry's gaze. He finally stood up and grabbed his jacket heading towards the door. I took this as a sign that we were leaving. Harry opened the door for me which was a bit surprising. I stepped out and walked down the stairs of the brownstone hearing Harry lock the door behind us. I stopped at the motorcycle, were we riding this? The last time I'd ridden on a motorcycle it was with Zayn.

"Ya' gonna get on?" Harry asks me as he swings his left leg over to the other side. He hands me a helmet before strapping his own on. He sees me fussing with it and stands up leaning over to me. He's inches away, I feel so nervous, his emerald eyes focusing on the helmet buckle. Once it was buckled he yanked on a strap making the helmet squeeze my head.

"Harry, that's a bit tight." I comment as he sits back down on the bike.

"Well it has to be tight so it won't fall off your pretty little head." Harry snarks in reply. He's smirking, and I'm already annoyed. But I have to put up with it, I don't want to anger him. So I too swing my leg over the bike, placing both feet on the feet holders -or whatever their called- and I bite my lip not knowing what to hang onto. "I suggest you hang onto to something unless you wanna go flying off this bike." Harry advises me in an arrogant voice from the in front. So slowly and awkwardly, I wrap my arms around Harry's waist as he revs up the bike. Then he takes off down the road, the cool wind blowing in my face. I close my eyes and wrap my arms tighter around Harry without realizing it. I was tempted to let go, but I was too nervous of what the outcome of that might be. So I slowly opened my eyes and took in the sights flashing by me.

It was actually rather beautiful, the lights, all of them a mixed together blur. The wind through my hair, it seemed rather romantic. But I was left thinking about Liam, I wasn't with him though. I was on the back of Harry's motorcycle wrapping my arms around Harry. But then again it was out of fear. A bit ironic isn't it? The one person I fear in my life is who I'm clinging to while fearing something else. Harry pulled the bike over to a curb and it slowed, Harry placed his feet down stopping the bike from continuing in motion. He got off and took off his helmet, then he proceeded to help take mine off as well. I slowly stood up form the bike but stumbled a bit, feeling dizzy.