Nineteen Years Later

Epilogue: Nineteen Years Later

"Dad! Mum! Hurry up!" A young red headed boy whined as he pushed his trolley through the busy train station, ahead of his family, too impatient to go the same pace as them. "I don't want to miss the train!"

"Relax, we're not going to miss it." His mother assured him as they all reached platform nine. The boy's father and younger sister both stood back and watched as the young boy and his mother lined up the boy's trolley with the wall and ran through to get to their platform.

"Ready Em?" The father asked his daughter as they positioned her trolley in front of the wall next. The young girl only nodded with a large smile on her lips. Together the two started to run at the wall, pushing her trolley as they went until they found themselves standing on the busy platform in front of the large scarlet engine.

"George! Embry!" The children's mother called for her husband and daughter from where she and the rest of their family were standing together.

"Victoria!" The young girl, Embry, grinned widely as she abandoned her trolley to go and talk to her older cousin.

"They act as if they haven't seen each other in years." An older ginger haired man, Bill, shook his head as he walked over to his younger brother's side as they both watched their daughters talk with one another. "It reminds me of Ginny and Embry on our first Christmas with Embry being with us."

"What about me?" The only ginger haired woman in the group turned away from her conversation with her sister-in-law, Hermione, to look at two of her older brothers, a suspicious look in place.

"Nothing." The younger of the two brothers, George, lied. His sister, Ginny, just watched the two men for another moment before turning back to Hermione, seeming to let it go.

"How are you doing?" Bill asked George in a soft voice, nothing but seriousness in his voice now. It was the same thing all of George's brothers asked him when they were able to without drawing attention from others. All of them seemed to be constantly worrying about their jokester of a brother, ever since they had found him in the Forbidden Forest after the battle years ago. Finding him on the ground as he held onto his friend Embry's body, not wanting to let go of her.

"I'm alright," George shrugged as he looked around at everyone. His heart seemed to clench as he noticed just how many people were missing from the platform with the families that they too should have had. "It's just hard not to feel like we're missing people here."

"I know what you mean." Bill sighed in agreement as he too looked around at their large family. He too was well aware of the fact that it was still too small, smaller than anyone would have imagined it to be nineteen years ago, before the battle. "There are still times that Fleur and I expect a letter we get to be from her. Or that when we go to Mum and Dad's for dinner that we'll see him leaning against the counter, cracking jokes. It's still hard on all of us."

"It's just feels wrong, being here with our families when they never got the chance to do the same." George ran a hand through his messy hair. "Every time I turn around I keep expecting to see her and Cedric standing their with their own kids or Fred and his wife with theirs."

Every word that George said was true. Over the past nineteen years he had never failed to expect to see his two best friends; whether it be at the joke shop he and Fred had started or here at King's Cross as they all sent their children off to Hogwarts, just as his own parents had done for him years ago. While George had moved on and had a life and family of his own he was always waiting to see the people he had once loved the most. The people who were now just mere ghosts of his past.