"Life or Death" (Chapter 24)

Chapter 24

"Fuck" I exclaimed as I tried to untie myself from the chair that I was. The restraints were so tight and it didn't help that I was becoming weak from the blood loss. I needed to get out of this chair and stop Jodi and Karmia from killing each other.

"You bitch" Karmia cursed as she dodged the glass Jodi had flung towards her. "You trying to smash my face in?"

"Duh, don't you get it" Jodi responded back as though it was the most obvious thing.

Running toward Jodi, Karmia slide down the floor and knocked Jodi off her feet, bringing her to the ground with a loud thud. Not wasting anytime, Karmia straddled Jodi's shocked body and began punching her. As though the blows were not enough to satisfy her, she grabbed Jodi's hair and began smashing her head against the wooden floor.

Grunting, Jodi desperately reached in front of her to stop Karmia but to no avail.

"Why the hell do you always have to be in the way? Couldn't you just back down?" Karmia yelled as she continued to bash Jodi's head against the floor. She continued until Jodi stopped struggling to which she slammed her head one more time to the floor before stopping all together.

"No" I screamed as I realized that Jodi might be dead.

Panting, Karmia got off of Jodi's motionless body. Her head was spewing blood on the floor meaning that Karmia had done some serious damage. Straightening her dress, she looked up at me with a bashful smile.

"I'm sorry I look a mess." She said.

I was still struggling to get out of the chair. I looked all around me and saw the bodies lying on the floor. The blood flowing out of them, making them lifeless. I couldn't stand this anymore. Why was it that just because of a mistake from the past, so many people had to pay the ultimate price?

No one wanted me and when they did it was for all the wrong reasons. I destroyed everything I touched. Someone like me didn't deserve to live. With that realization, I stopped struggling.

"Ok, I get it. Can we just end it please?" I let my head hang in defeat; tears began dripping down my face. "I hurt you and everyone else. I don't deserve to live"

Nodding her head, Karmia approached me.

"And that is why I want to end this" she said with compassion. "I would make things so much easier"

"Then get on with it" I resigned.

"N-no" a small voice came from where Jodi was. "Don't give up so quickly"

"You are still talking. I guess I just need to shut you up for good" Karmia said while heading for the brief case that held the key to ending all life I touched.

Glancing in Jodi's direction, I saw her struggling to get up. Her face covered with blood and her hair darkened with the same blood. Finally getting up with a lot of struggle, she braced herself and began taking steps towards me. All the while Karmia rummaged through the case.

"Yes, you were left behind. And yes, I did some pretty shitty things but you have to know that you are worth it" she continued to take steps towards me. "I didn't sleep with you just because I was horny and needed a quick lay. I did it because I fell in love with the gentle part of you.

"No matter what the struggle was, you never gave up. I fell in love with your courage and determination. I fell in love with the peace you gave me. You have so much to offer and I'm sorry that I and everyone else made you feel otherwise."