Guilty as charged (Chapter 10)

A/N:

Hello again! Here is chapter 10: I just couldn't wait to post it. Hope you enjoy it. A warm shout out @_lovekellie for being such a great supporter :) Anywho, read and tell me what you think and most importantly, don't forget to vote!!!!!!!!

Chapter 10

            “Ma’am, we need you to step out” the nurse asked of me; more like demanded. Even though she was talking to me, all I could see was Rouvin’s convulsing body as he fought to survive. Seeing that I wasn’t responding, the nurse started to escort me out of the room.

            “NO!!!!!! I want to stay!!!! Rouvin, stay with me!” I screamed and resisted the nurse trying to push me out of the room.

            But before I could protest any further, they had already pushed me out since I was standing so closely to the door. I watched as they worked on Rouvin through the window until the blinds were shut too; I couldn’t move from the position I was in.

            I don’t know how long I stood there staring at the closed blinds, watching as the nurses walked in and out of the room, but I guess at some point, I couldn’t take it anymore. I couldn’t stand there knowing how he got there, why he was here; I needed fresh air, so I turned my back on the door and went outside.

            I stood outside of the hospital, trying to catch my breath that had quickened without letting my permission. I started pacing in front of the entrance, not being able to stay still. I mean how could I with the weight on my conscious?

            As I stood there processing the whole situation, my phone started ringing in my back pocket. Reaching for my phone, I looked at the caller ID, but it was an unknown number, yet I knew that the caller wasn’t a stranger.

            “Hello?” I answered the phone.

            “Why hello Karmia” the voice on the other end sounded enthusiastic “How are things going?”

            “How the fuck do you think things are going?” I answered harshly.

            “Well, from my point of view, it’s pretty good”

            “Good….” He was making me sick. “Look, I can’t do this anymore Mike, this isn’t going to work. I can’t do this to an-” I tried to explain.

            “What do you mean by that?” Mike asked outrageously “Don’t you think that’s a little late now, after being sucked in so deep?”

            “Well, now I want to back out. This is just too much for me and there is nothing you can do to st-” I tried to sound threatening, but even I could tell that I was doing a poor job.

            “’Nothing that I can do’ you say” Mike laughed humorously. “Well, let me paint a picture for you. You back out or as much as pip a word about the plan, and your brother doesn’t get the medication that he needs and do you know what that means?” he said in such a sadistic tone that shiver rolled down my spine.

            “No! Stay away from my brother!” I exclaimed with watery eyes, causing some eyes to look at me with concern.

            “Then do as you’re told and brother will be all better.” He said in flat tone, like it was that easy.

            “Fine” my voice drained of all emotion “I’ll do it”

            “Good girl. Now, when you’re done with whatever the hell you’re doing, go bail out Jodi. I want you to give me a call so we can meet and get things done.” He said and hung up the phone.