C4. Ways to Make Money.

Chapter 4: Ways to Make Money

When grandma was sick that year, she took a lot of time off, her spirits were low, and her teacher was worried she wouldn't perform well. After discussing with Miao's father and grandma, they decided to have her repeat her second year of high school. During those years, she truly received a lot of support from many people, not just financially, but also emotionally.

Apart from her relatives, she was fortunate not to have experienced much indifference from society. Even the hospital, which is often criticized, made things easy for her.

Miao Jun accompanied the two of them to register, handed them their books and exercise books, and told them to wait in the car while he went to find the teacher. It was thoughtful of him to consider that Aunt Song was getting older and needed a family member by her side. It was rare for him to think of these things, and she had to fulfill his wishes.

"I have told my dad that I don't want to live in the dormitory. Women are too troublesome, always sweating the small stuff and causing trouble over trivial matters. It's so painful to live together. It's better to live at home. Hey, if I had suggested it alone, I would have been ignored. But when I said I wanted to accompany you, my dad didn't say anything. Mo Mo, you might as well just be my parents' daughter. They treat you better than they treat me."

"I had thought about that too, but I decided against it. If I became Miao's parents' daughter, you would have even less status. See how good I am to you."

Miao Zhiruo completely missed the point and thought she was serious. She danced with excitement, "I have been beaten and scolded by my mom, she needs to feel important through me. I'm not afraid of losing status. You should come and be my sister."

Song Yimo turned to look out the window. They had arrived early, the car was parked across from the school, and they could see people coming in and out of the school gate.

Groups of people walked together in families, carrying bags and sweating. Most of them were parents with their teenage children, some of whom were carrying bags while others had their hands free.

Parents taking their children to register at the school was an experience she had never had before.

Turning back, Song Yimo smiled lightly, "Miao Miao, Grandma only has me."

Although Miao Zhiruo had a carefree personality, she was not stupid. She understood her friend's words and felt a bit embarrassed, not knowing where to put her hands.

"If I'm not Miao's parents' daughter, does that mean we're not sisters anymore? That really hurts my feelings. I was looking forward to being sisters with you for life!"

"Of course we're still sisters, who said we're not." Miao Zhiruo was immediately appeased, her short hair messy like a bird's nest from her rubbing.

Miao Jun quickly returned, holding two signed forms. He handed the top one to Song Yimo, "Yimo, the teacher approved it, but she has a condition. Your grades can't be too bad or you'll still have to live in the dormitory."

"I won't slack off. Thank you, Miao Dad." She had confidence in this, as she had already studied it once before. She might have forgotten some things, but repeating the lesson wouldn't be too difficult, especially because she wasn't particularly weak in her studies.

Starting the car, Miao Jun looked at his excited daughter, "Miao Zhiruo, if you can't keep up with Yimo's grades, you'll have to live in the dormitory."

"No, I want to be with Mo Mo."

"You don't need to, I'll pick her up and drop her off every day."

"Dad..."

Song Yimo held Miao Zhiruo's hand, "Miao Dad, I will take care of her."

If Miao Jun was a thousand times worried about his daughter, he was a thousand times reassured with Song Yimo. The couple knew very well that without Yimo helping their daughter with her studies, she wouldn't have been able to pass the entrance exam for the prestigious school.

Moreover...

Glancing at Song Yimo through the rearview mirror, Miao Jun felt that after just one summer break, Yimo had become even more composed. Her daughter's lively personality could use a friend like her.

Classes officially started the day after tomorrow, and in the afternoon when the sun was at its peak, Song Yimo went out under the pretext of buying study supplies.

Xinghu County had a large population, but the economy was not thriving. Many people worked outside the county, but because it was near Shu City, it had all the necessary facilities, although not as advanced as those in big cities.

Song Yimo went to the computer city.

It was called a city, but it was actually just a row of storefronts all doing the same business. She wanted to buy a computer, but she couldn't afford a good one, so she settled for a custom-built one.

She needed money urgently, and at her age, there was a suitable way to get it.

In the past, besides her regular job as a teacher, she had also worked part-time at a studio for a few years to make money. At that time, the Internet was flourishing, and electronic literature was everywhere. Anyone could register an ID and write stories from their imagination, but very few could become popular.

That's where studios like the one she worked for came in. They would help you outline your story, follow the plot, and even come up with a title and synopsis. The studio she worked for had helped launch some minor celebrities and gained some recognition in the industry.

She had been involved in all of this, even ghostwriting for some fairly well-known authors. She was a sought-after ghostwriter, and she earned the most money in the studio besides the boss.

If she hadn't mysteriously woken up rejuvenated after paying off all her debts and feeling mentally and physically refreshed, she had planned to register an ID and try her hand at writing as well.