C5. Meeting for Help.

Chapter 5: Meeting for Help

She had enough experience, more than most people today, and what's more important is that compared to the chaotic scene in the industry in the years to come, now is the best time to enter this field.

Apart from the money, she also genuinely enjoyed writing and drawing from the bottom of her heart.

But to enter this profession, she first needed a computer and internet access. For an average family, this was no small expense.

However, as long as she asked, Grandma would surely fulfill her needs.

Grandma never refused her anything she wanted, and because she knew this, she rarely asked for anything. She knew that Grandma wanted to make up for the harm her mother had caused her, but she didn't need that. Grandma never owed her anything, she had always understood that since she was young.

The shop was bustling with people coming and going. The boss assumed she was with some adult and let her browse, without anyone coming forward to assist her.

This suited Song Yimo just fine. Today she had only come to check the prices, and if she decided to buy, she would bring Miao's father along.

After looking around, Song Yimo frowned. It would cost at least five thousand, and the requirements couldn't be too demanding. For the Song family, this was really not a small sum.

Grandma's pension was less than a thousand a month, and with two people to support, in addition to taking care of a student, there wouldn't be much money left over even with frugal living. Five thousand would be a significant portion of their funds.

High school coursework was demanding, and she wouldn't have much time to write novels. It might take about six months before she started seeing any money, under favorable circumstances.

If this path didn't work out...

No, she was familiar with all forms of online literature and had read many books. She knew how to write in a way that would resonate with readers and make them believe. If she could earn just as much as Grandma's pension in a month, it would be enough for her. She didn't aim to get rich overnight, she just wanted to have enough money for Grandma's medical bills and emergencies.

By the time she had made up her mind and left the shop, it was almost dark. She watched as the last bus whizzed past, afraid Grandma would worry, so Song Yimo hurried home. Running too fast, she accidentally bumped into someone, causing them to step back several paces.

"Sorry, sorry." Song Yimo quickly apologized as she approached, and as she got closer, the smell of blood became overwhelming.

No matter when, blood symbolized trouble. After apologizing again, she was about to leave when her hand was tightly grabbed by the person. "Don't worry, I'm not a bad person. I'm just injured and need some money. Do you have money on you? I need money for a bus ticket and a train ticket."

At the mention of money, Song Yimo wasn't as afraid anymore. "I can lend you money to make a call."

Making a phone call wouldn't cost as much as buying a train ticket.

"I can't wait, little sister, I have an urgent matter to attend to. I'll repay you tenfold next time."

Borrow a hundred and repay a thousand?

If that was the case, she was willing. She was just worrying about the money for the computer, but meeting someone like this out of the blue, how could she trust them?

If she ignored...

The person was injured, the smell of blood was so strong, it was likely they were seriously hurt. If they were a bad person, not giving money might put her in danger.

If it was indeed an emergency...

When Grandma was sick, most of the money came from donations from people she knew and didn't know, with the teacher's help finding a friend at the radio station. The DJ at the radio station had a seductive, hoarse voice that stirred compassion with just a few words, and many listeners donated money through the radio for her.

Although she later repaid the money through the DJ's help, if it weren't for their assistance at the time, Grandma would have been left to die at home.

Good people may not always be there, and if not handled well, they may even bite back, but making the right decision could mean more than saving a life - it could be about a family, the beliefs of a person, and whether they choose to be grateful or cold-hearted.

Thinking back to her own despair in those days, Song Yimo's heart softened out of empathy. Oh well, whether this person really needed it or not, consider it a financial loss.

Although her soul was twenty-six, Song Yimo had not learned the complicated thoughts that society demanded. This was also thanks to her work.

After graduating from University, she smoothly became a teacher at a school. She had patience, a good temper, good looks, and a good teaching method. She was loved by students at school, and her colleagues got along well with her due to her non-competitive nature. Over the years, she had never experienced any internal conflicts in the system.

As for her part-time job, it was even more straightforward. All she needed was a computer and internet connection. She didn't even have to meet people in person. She simply followed the customer's requests and wrote in front of the computer, distancing herself from all the conflicts and scandals.

After more than four years of work, her mindset had hardly changed compared to when she was in school. If she didn't mention it, no one would believe she had been rolling in the mud of society for four years. They would probably still see her as a sheltered, happy student with a peaceful family life.

People who knew about her situation would say she had a tough life, but Song Yimo never saw it that way. Grandma had given her everything a relative could give, Miao's parents treated her like a daughter, she had a close friend in Miao Zhiruo who was always there for her, and she had received care from so many people, whether they were familiar or not.

So, even when her uncle took her house, and she lost her last relative, leaving her with debt to shoulder alone, she earnestly faced each day. And because Grandma said instant noodles weren't nutritious, she would cook at home every day, and if pressed, she would just make a quick bowl of noodles. She always took good care of herself.

Perhaps she lived too seriously that even the heavens were moved, giving her a chance to start anew.