Chapter 21

Alex's eyebrows raised in surprise, not expecting you to include him in the conversation. He gave a slight nod. "Yeah, I could eat."

The dinner table was quiet with only the sounds of silverware clinking against plates. You could cut the tension with a knife. You chose to sit at the opposite end of the table from the guys, Alex in the chair next to you.

Price, Konig, Ghost, and Keegan sat at the other end of the table, their eyes flickering between you and Alex. Each of them had a million questions, but they remained silent, not wanting to say anything that might upset you further.

Finishing your plate, you took a sip of your drink before placing your hands in your lap. Looking at Alex's plate and seeing he was still eating. Surprising you because he always finished his food before you usually. It just showed how unusual this situation was for you both.

Alex continued to eat slowly, not wanting to rush through the meal. He was feeling a mix of anxiety and curiosity about what you were going to say.

The guys, meanwhile, were getting more and more restless as the silence dragged on. They could sense the tension in the air and they wanted nothing more than to speak up and break the silence.

Price cleared his throat, "Did you have your fill, darling?" You look up from your empty plate, meeting Price's eyes.

Price's gaze met yours, his expression soft and concerned. He had been studying you during dinner, noticing how you barely touched your food. He was worried that you weren't eating enough.

"Yes, thank you." Your voice was soft. "I know I said we should talk, but I didn't mean tonight..." You said carefully. You figured to make that clear knowing that was what was making it so uncomfortable right now, feeling their anticipation. However you needed to first prepare what you wanted to say since you only decided to talk to them barely an hour ago.

The men's faces fell slightly at your words, their disappointment evident. They had been hoping that you would clear things up tonight.

Price leaned back in his chair, trying to hide his own disappointment. He was also worried about you. "Okay, darling. We can wait." he said, his voice gentle. "Take as much time as you need."

You swallowed hard, picking up your drink, downing the rest in one go. "May I be excuse?" You couldn't help the habit they had apparently embedded in you since you started living at the mansion. Alex raised an eyebrow at you. You could sense the questions in his mind. He must think I have Stockholm syndrome you thought.

Alex's eyebrow raised further, a look of disbelief on his face. It was so natural for you to ask for permission like that, and it bothered him. He could sense how possessive the Mafia members were over you.

The guys, meanwhile, looked both surprised and pleased by your question. They couldn't help but feel a sense of pride that you had fallen into their habits so easily. Price's expression softened, a hint of a smirk on his lips. "Of course, darling."

"I want Alex to be there as well. When we... Talk." You said carefully but firmly. Having Alex present wasn't because you were afraid of the Mafia members. It was because part of what you needed to talk to them about happen to also involve Alex.

The Mafia members exchanged a glance, surprised by your request. They hadn't expected you to want Alex present for the conversation.

Price's expression became more serious, his eyes flickering between you and Alex. He didn't like the idea of Alex being there, but he knew better than to argue with you when you made a request like that. Price was the one who wanted Alex at the mansion to help you in the first place. "Very well," he said, his voice gruff. "Alex can be there too."