C14. Highly Popular.

Chapter 14: Highly Popular

At this time, online literature didn't have such high word count requirements. Song Yimo would post about three thousand words every day, saving any extra for backup. She couldn't be up late every night typing, especially during midterm and final exams. She needed to make money, but her grades couldn't suffer, or her grandmother would be disappointed.

After signing the contract, her treatment noticeably improved. With recommendations, clicks and bookmarks increased significantly. The comments section became more lively by the day, with calls for the author to come out and say hello growing louder.

Song Yimo turned a blind eye, she didn't have the time for that, ignoring the chaos in the comments section.

Zhang Chuliang couldn't stand it and took on the responsibility to manage it diligently every day. He also selected a few readers who frequented the website to help out. The comments section remained lively, but noticeably tidier.

Surprisingly, the few IDs that usually nitpicked suddenly changed their tune. Instead of pointing out flaws in the book, they now clamored for more updates from the author.

With their encouragement, the comments section gradually turned into a row of: "Author, how can we get more updates from you? As long as you dare to say, I dare to do!"

One day, Song Yimo was struggling with her writing, so she checked the comments section. Page after page was filled with the same request. Touched, she released a chapter from her drafts for Chapter Twenty. This spurred even more excitement in the comments section, and for several days, the website was buzzing with discussions about this book, boosting its popularity.

Chen Xin was astonished by the daily doubling growth of the data. Brother Zhang was right, this book was going to be a hit.

In the blink of an eye, half a semester had passed. Just before the midterms, Song Yimo stopped writing for a few days. In fact, she didn't even open her computer, focusing entirely on her studies. Unaware of the website's recent changes during this time.

After the exams, the month-long break began. As Miao Zhiruo was chatting animatedly while pushing her bike, Song Yimo smiled calmly from behind.

The contrast between the two - one active and one composed - attracted many eyes as they walked together. Soon, their classmates joined them, and by the time they reached the school gate, they had formed a large group.

"Yimo, when we come back from the break, I'll treat you to something delicious."

"My mom makes the best pickled fish, Yimo, I'll bring some for you."

"I envy you. My mom's cooking is terrible, but we have a pear tree at home that produces the sweetest pears. Every year, many relatives come to pick them, and my mom saved a bag for me. Once we're back at school, I'll have my dad bring it over, and we can all enjoy it together."

After a noisy exchange, most of the group had left, leaving only a few to walk home together, leisurely riding their bikes.

Miao Zhiruo gazed mournfully at the sky, "My Mo Mo is getting more and more popular. My position is in jeopardy."

Song Yimo pushed her head down from behind, "I don't want to hear about that."

Everyone laughed, and a handsome boy riding closer on a half-circle said, "Yimo, let me give you a ride. Miao Zhiruo is not reliable."

"Liu Xing, get lost! I'm not more reliable than you." Miao Zhiruo was nonchalant about her own affairs, and any male classmates who got close to her were treated like good buddies. But when someone tried to get close to Song Yimo, her reaction was top-notch, as if she had a radar that only worked for Song Yimo's benefit.

Liu Xing didn't mind and leisurely rode around her bike, surrounded by the youthful excitement of adolescence. Seeing this, everyone immediately joined in with laughter and teasing.

Liu Xing simply smiled and looked over at Song Yimo. He wasn't surprised to see her completely unaffected.

Although they weren't in the same class, their homes weren't far apart. They had been in the same school since elementary and middle school, and had known each other for quite some time.

Song Yimo had always been beautiful, but it wasn't until this semester that he noticed a change in her. It was as if she had suddenly become different, though he couldn't quite put his finger on what had changed. She had been an acquaintance before, but they never interacted. Everyone in their town knew about the issues with the Song family, so no one dared to mention her past. Besides Miao Zhiruo, she did not want to play with anyone else, and no one dared to approach her.

But in high school, she seemed like a different person. Even though they weren't in the same class, he heard her name more frequently in one day than in an entire semester of the previous year.

She was beautiful, had a beautiful smile, had a good temperament, was never mean to anyone, willing to compromise in small matters, had good grades, quick responses, and classmates never refused when she lent them her notes. After explaining a few problems to her desk mate, it became even more exceptional. Her problem-solving approach was so concise that even the teachers were surprised, and every class was vying for her notes.

In a short period after the school year began, Song Yimo became a treasure of Class Two. Not only were the teachers fond of her, but the classmates also protected her as if they were protecting their food. Both male and female classmates felt the same way, and the unity within Class Two became famous throughout the school.

He had thought the name he kept hearing was just a coincidence with another person of the same name and surname, but he was surprised to find out it was actually the Song Yimo he knew.

They were day students, so they naturally became more familiar as they encountered each other more. After more interactions, he realized why she was so popular. Even the usually petty female classmates were willing to befriend her. It was just so comfortable to be friends with her.

So comfortable that he wanted to have her all to himself.