Epilogue

The Journey to Forever

Nyla stood alone in a small antechamber just off the grand courtyard of the palace, listening to the muffled sounds of the guests settling into their seats outside. The scent of fresh roses filled the air, their petals arranged in intricate designs that lined the aisle she was about to walk down. Her wedding dress, with its intricate lace and long train, felt like a soft embrace—a symbol of everything she'd overcome to reach this moment.

She took a deep, steadying breath, her heart filled with anticipation, excitement, and a sense of accomplishment. It all came flooding back—her days as a waitress in Los Angeles, the struggles to make ends meet, and the long journey of navigating the complexities of royal life. She thought about the old apartment, her loyal dog Bella by her side, and her closest friends, who had seen her at her lowest and were now standing with her at her highest.

"Can you believe it?" she whispered to herself, her voice filled with a mix of disbelief and joy.

For the first time in what felt like hours, Nyla allowed herself a moment of stillness. She looked into the mirror one final time, seeing not just a bride, but a woman who had fought hard for everything she had—her love, her family, and her place in the world. The reflection before her was more than a soon-to-be princess; it was a woman who had embraced her past and forged a new path for her future.

A soft knock at the door pulled her from her thoughts. It was Diane, her mother, who stepped into the room quietly. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she took in the sight of her daughter.

"You look beautiful, Nyla," Diane said, her voice full of emotion. "Your father would be so proud."

Nyla felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes. "Thank you, Mom. I'm proud too—of how far we've come."

Diane smiled warmly. "You've worked so hard for this, and I know you'll be a wonderful wife—and queen."

As Diane left, Nyla stood in the doorway, feeling a sense of peace wash over her. The music outside began to swell, signaling the start of the ceremony. She knew that Ryan was waiting for her, and that everything she'd dreamed of was just steps away.

With a final deep breath, Nyla took her first step forward, feeling a surge of love and determination. She walked slowly, each step a reminder of the journey she'd taken to get here.

When she reached the entrance of the courtyard, her eyes locked with Ryan's. He stood at the altar, his gaze filled with love, pride, and an unspoken promise of forever.

In that moment, everything else faded away. The grand palace, the weight of royal tradition, and the challenges they'd faced—none of it mattered as much as the love they had found and fought for.

As she took her place beside Ryan, Nyla felt a rush of joy, knowing that this was only the beginning.

"Ready?" Ryan whispered, his voice filled with warmth.

"More than ever," Nyla replied, her heart full of love.

The officiant's voice broke the silence, and Nyla smiled. This wasn't just the end of one chapter—it was the start of a lifetime of love, laughter, and new beginnings.