Date

Edd's POV

The last bell rings, signaling the end of the day.
Should I just leave? Crap, he lives across the street from me. I can't avoid him forever. I'll just go.
I sigh in defeat and amble my way to the back of the school.
Kevin stands there leaning against the wall beside an old air conditioner. As I get close, he looks up at me.
"Hey," he says, coming my way.
I start to shake all over and look at the ground.
He grabs my chin to make me look up at him. I speeze my eyes shut.
"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you," Kevin says quietly.
When I open my eyes, Kevin is leaning down towards my face.
"What are you-" I was cut off by Kevin's mouth on mine. I think he took my shocked, open mouth as an invitation for his tongue. Stunned at what is happening, I just stand here and when my mind registeres what's happening, I try to push Kevin off of me. Kevin grabs my arms and holds my tiny body to his.
I bit on his tongue, hard.
He pushes me back and covers his mouth with the back of his back and screams, "What the Hell, man?"
"What were you doing?" I yell back.
Kevin starts to blush.
"Were you kissing me?"
Kevin looks at the ground.
I raise my arms into the air. "Why? All you have ever done is torture me! Did you honestly believe I'd run into your arms? You are a giant ass! Leave me alone." I start to storm off and Kevin grabs my arm and pulls me back.
"What can I do? How can I prove it to you?"
"Don't fucking bother," I respond, shaking Kevin off me.

Nat's POV

I wait by Rave's locker, scanning the crowd for my purple haired lover. As he approaches, my heart flutters.
I can't believe that Rave agreed to go on a date with me. I'm so happy.
He looks my way and I swear I see a flash of happiness on his face, but it quickly fades to a scowl.
Rave opens his locker and throws all his stuff in. He slams it shut.
"Ready?" I ask, smiling.
"Ready as I'll ever be," Rave mumbles.
I grab his hand and drag him out the school towards my forest green 2015 Camaro. I run and hold open the door so my purple haired crush can get in.
He has no idea how much this date means to me. This is like a dream come true.
I run around to the other side of the car and jump in. I start the car and start to pull out the parking spot before Rave has a chance to change his mind.
"So, how was your day?" I ask, trying to spark up a conversation.
Obviously not interested in talking, Rave replies, "Fine."
I push forward, "Anything interesting?"
"We got a new classmate," Rave mumbles and looks out the side window.
"Cool, what are they like?" I ask, trying to get Rave to warm up to me.
"He's from Hungary. and all the girl seem to like him."
"What's he look like?"
"He's got white hair, blue eyes, he's pretty tall, and seems well built."
"Did you make friends with him?" I inquire.
Then there was silence for the rest of the ride.
When we get to the old, fifties style diner, I open Rave's door and offer my hand to help him out. He hesitates but decides to get out on his own.
I wonder why he won't touch me. Maybe he has a bad history with people.
We go in and Rave picks out a small, metal table with two metal chairs with red seat cushions to match by a big window. An old woman in a yellow shirt with a black apron and bad blonde die job comes to ask what we want to drink.
"Coke," I say.
"Water is fine," Rave replies, putting and napkin on his lap, then staring out the window.
"Rave, can I be serious with you?" I ask, catching Rave's attention. When he looks at me I continue, "I like you, a lot, but you don't feel the same about me. I know you just got here last year, and I bug you all the time, and I'm sorry, but I just care so much about you and-" I stop because Rave is staring at me, his face like a tomato. He looks like he could bust into tears at any moment.
The waitress comes back with our drinks and I order us two hamburgers with fries. Rave goes back to staring out the window, seeming deep in thought.
I play with the ketchup bottle and the straw to my drink until the waitress comes back with two plates of our food.
"Thanks," I say for the both of us.
I pile ketchup high on my burger and fries as Rave snickers in disgust.
"How can you eat so much of that disgusting sauce?" he asks, finally starting a conversation with me.
"I always have this much. I like it."
Rave fake gags as I stuff the burger into my mouth and ketchup squerts out the back, onto my plate.
Rave eats his fries and burger plain, only picking a few fries at a time.
"His name is Leo, and I might have talked to him if he hadn't been surrounded by girls," he continues the conversation from the drive here.
"That's cool," I say with a mouth full of food. When I swallow, Rave starts laughing at me.
"What? What's wrong?" I ask, feeling embarrassed.
Rave picks up his napkin from his lap and wipes the corner of my mouth. When he pulls away, he shows me a napkin covered in ketchup.
"Oh, sorry." I grab my napkin from the table and wipe my face.
After we finish, I take Rave home and walk him to his porch.
"I was being serious, you know?" I try to not be too clingy and walk away, waving once more before getting in my car and leaving. I swear I saw a look of happiness on his face.