Six

Kevin's POV

My dad has been AWAL all week. It's been nice not having him around.

Everything's... healing.

I'm sitting watching tv, when I hear a light knock. I huff a little at having to move.

For an athlete, I sure am lazy.

I chuckle to myself and open the door.

Double D is standing there looking at his feet. He looks up at me.

"Salutations, Kevin."

"Hi, Dork," I reply, jokingly.

He stares at me for a moment.

"I just wanted to check on you and monitor your condition," he says, holding his hands behind his back.

"I'm doing fine, I guess. Everything hurts but it's nothing I'm not used to. I am on the football team." This happens a lot.

"Well, good. Great, actually. I'll be on my way then," he says, with a smile plastered on his face.

He starts to turn and I grab his elbow quickly.

"Wait," I start. "Would you like to have dinner with me tonight? My dad has been gone and I'd appreciate the company," I ask, trying to seduce him with more formal speaking.

He starts to stare at me again, lost in his own beautiful mind.

"I'd love to accompany you. When would you like me to come over?"

"Uh, is six okay?" I inquire.

"Sure," he says and turns. He starts walking away.

I shut the door and lean my back against it and sigh. I slide down to my knees.

He's coming over. For dinner. Is that even a date? What time is it even now?

I grab my phone from my back pocket.

4:38

"Well, shit."

I get up and rush to take a shower.

I let the water sooth my bruises only for a few minutes before getting out and drying myself.

I dress is black skinny jeans and a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled.

Do you even wear shoes in this situation?  I'm in my house.

I decide to put on some black socks and comb my hair.

I and most slip rushing down the stairs and again running into the kitchen.

I open the drawer next to the oven and pull out a small book.

Mom's cook book.

I shuffle through the recipes.

"First date food... first date food..." I mumble to myself.

I finally decide on spaghetti. I start the water to boil and quickly mince the carrots, green peppers, and mushrooms and browning the hamburger meat. When I finish with the vegetables, I open two cans of tomato sauce and pour them into a pot. I throw in the vegetables and stir it all together and set the sauce to simmer. I add the meat to the sauce about the time the water starts boiling. I add the noodles to the water.

Soon the noodles are done and the sauce is thoroughly heated. I set out plates, napkins, glasses, and forks on the table.

I check the time.

5:58.

I start dishing out the meal when I hear a familiar nock.

"It's open," I yell.

A soft click and then footsteps approach me.

"Greatings, Kevin," a soft voice says.

"Hello, Eddward," I look up at him, smiling.

He was wearing his normal orange shirt with purple shorts, his beany covering his hair.

"My goodness, I didn't know we were dressing up for this occasion. Should I go change?" he asks, obviously feeling self conscious.

"No," I chuckle, "you're perfect."

He looks at me a moment and then came up the the table. I put the rest of the food on the stove and sit, ready to eat.

"Go ahead," I gesture to the seat when he just stood there staring.

"Thank you for the food," he says while sitting.

"No problem."

We start eating.

Not as good as mom's.

I smile to myself, lost in the fond memory of my late mother.

"This is very delicious, Kevin," Double D pulls me from my thoughts.

"Thank you. I was my mom's recipe," I say, not wanting to go into further details.

We finish eating and I out the dishes in the sink and sit on the couch. I turn the tv on and FX was playing fast and furious.

Double D sits beside me looking very uncomfortable.

"What's wrong?" I ask, glancing in his direction.

Eddward slowly starts to slide toward me and I tense up and eye him carefully. He straddles his legs between mine and sits on my lap.

I look up and the pale face in front of me, darkened my the shadows of the dark room.

He leans forward and kisses me. He gently holds my face and I brush my tongue across his lips. He opens his perfect mouth for me and our tongues dance.

My arms find their way around the narrow torso of his and pulls him to me. I let out a soft growl when his tongue caresses the roof of my mouth.

Eddward pulls back and I just stare at him.

"I'm sorry," he whispers.

"What could you possibly be sorry for?" I ask, confused.

"For everything I did to you. At my house and the locker room," I just really..." he trails off.

"You really what?" I inquire, intrigued.

"I really-"

There is a nocking at the door that cuts Eddward off and adverts both of our attentions.

Double D slides off me and I shuffle to the door.

I open it to see someone bruised and dirt. The man is holding his left ribs and leaving against the door frame. He looks up at me.

"Kevin," he let's out a dry, raspy voice.

"Nat."

Drammmmaaaaa.
I know, I'm late. But I gave yall a super long chapter.  I have been super busy lately 😧😧😧.  Homework is just piling up on me lol. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I am trying to start some news books, a few GumLee and an original one. Hopefully those will be out soon. I am going to start ending this book soon. Three years has been long enough for me. I love you all. Probably 10 more chapters to go. Like. Comment. Vote. 😬😬😬 and yes, that is how I make spaghetti!!!