You Know

Edd's POV

"Here," I say and toss my keys at Rave.
He looks at me for a moment and then nods.

"Just take it to your place and bring it to school tomorrow," I start to walk away and Rave heads back toward the car.

Kevin's POV

I glance out the diner window and a familiar beanie covered head walking on the sidewalk.

I get up and trail Double D around the cormer. I walk a good distance being him so he doesn't notice me. As we walk, I can help but eye the sluggish boy over.

His normal great posture and bouncy walk were gone.

I trip over a rock and made a loud scuffing noise, but stumble my way into. A bush. Eddward's thoughts must have been elsewhere; because, he didn't stop or glance back.

I'm about to step out from behind the  bush when two guys I didn't recognize walk up to Double D. I watch for a moment as one of the large guys stops in front of Eddward and starts talking to him. Then the second one suddenly shoves Edd to the ground and the first jumps on him and starts punching his face.

I jump out from behind the brush.

"What the Hell are yall doing?" I yell.

The guys jump up and bolt.

I run up to Double D lying motionless on the ground, blood seeping from multiple places on his face.

I look him over, searching to make sure nothing was broken. Thankfully nothing was. They had only hit his face.

I picking up the light, scronny boy and start running down the street to the col-de-sac.

I head to my house but pause at my driveway.

Dad would kill me if I brought him home.

I rush across the street and make it to the door of Double Dork's house

I set Eddward on his feet for a moment, his limp, unconcious body against mine.

I reach into his pocket and fish around for keys. Edd moans as I fit my hand in and I blush.

Empty.

I reach into the last three.

What a nice ass.

All the pockets are empty.

I grumble in annoyance and try the nob. It's open.

I push the door open and pick Eddward back up.

I placed him on the couch and threw open doors, trying to find a bathroom. I find one under the stairs and I rummage threw the medicine cabinet and found some alcohol and I grabbed a roll of toilet paper.

I rushed back to and knelt in front of Eddward at poured some rubbing alcohol on the toilet paper. I dabbed his bruised face with the paper and he flinched.

Double D slowly comes to.

" What the Hell are you doing? " he says sitting up righy, but obviously regretting it by the way he was holding his head.

"Calm down, I was just trying to help," I grumble.

"Well I don't need your help." He starts to stand but falls back down.

"Just let me finish and I'll leave, dammit."

He sigh and mumbles something under his breath before laying back down.

I finish cleaning his bruises and I bandage him up.

I stand and return the alcohol and toilet paper to its place in the bathroom. I then go back to check on Double D before leaving.

"Thank you," I heard just slightly. I turn and face Edd.

"You know, I'm sorry about what I did to you. I just didn't know what to do about how I felt," I sigh before leaving.

I shut the door behind me before I could hear a response to my confession.

I walk to my house and pause for a moment when I see my father standing on the porch.

I slowly approach with my head down.

"Why the Hell were you at that boys house?" He rushes toward me with an arm reached out and I instinctively cover my face. He grabs my hair and drags me inside. He slams the door shut and pushes me against a wall. His body hovers over mine as he screams. I know he is screaming but my fear won't let me register his words. Only "faggot" and "dissapointment" ring through my head. I grip the hair on the side of my head as I feel myself slipping into a panic attack. My father punches me in the gut and I fall the ground and curl into a ball. He starts kicking. Hard. I'm crying and losing myself in my thoughts. I'm sufficating.