Hello?

I'm dedicating this chapter to an amazing fan of mine Marty475-chan. Gave me the idea for this chapter. I hope you enjoy it.

Double D's POV

I roll over and fall to the floor.

"Goodness."

I push myself up from the floor in front of the couch. I notice a blur of red in my peripheral vision. I turn and see a cap on the floor.

"Oh, Kevin. You mustn't leave your things at others' home." I pick up the hat and glance around the room checking my surroundings. I finally rest my eyes on a clock.

6:28

"It's not too terribly late. I should take it back, he rarely takes this off," I convince myself.

I place the hat on the couch and walk to the bathroom and check myself in the mirror.

"Good heavens, that is one frightening  site," I gasp, inspecting the bruises. They were deep shades of purple and green poking out underneath bandages.

I remove the bandages and go to the upstairs bathroom to shower. I let the warm water sooth my pain for a few minutes before leaving the comfort of the water. I cut the water off and step out. I quickly wrap myself in a towel to try and avoid the cold creeping over my exposed body.

I rush to my room and rummage through my drawers of my dresser. I find an old red shirt and a pair of purple shorts. I throw them on quickly and put on my old black sneakers and my beanie.

I grab the hat from my couch and walk out the door.

As I shut the door, I notice a tall ginger man exiting Kevin's house, slamming the door and getting in his car and speeding away.

I casually walk across the col-de-sac  and make my way up the porch. I knock on the door with my free hand. I hear muffled noises from the other side.

"Hello, Kevin. I have come to return your hat," I say, hopefully loud enough that he can hear me through the door.

I hear a crash, so I knock harder.

"Hello?"

I hear nothing.

I grab the doorknob and turn, fear consuming me. I gasp at the site. Kevin was laying in the middle of the room, bruised and broken. The room was trashed around him. A small table was broken and there were throw pillows on the floor.

Kevin was bruised and curled in a ball mumbling to himself. His hair was a mess and his clothes looked stretched out. He looked completely different from the Kevin I saw just hours ago.

I searched the house for a phone. I found one laying on the ground, upside down. I punch in 911.

"Hello, what is you emergency?" a soft voice says over the line.

"It's my friend, he is hurt," I say quickly, my voice coated with concern.

"What happened?" she responded, her voice a little more urgent.

"It don't know. I came over to his house and found him like this," I reply on the break of tears.

"Is he breathing? Does he have a pulse?"

"Yes, he is mumbling words I can't really understand, but he is unconcious."

"What is your address? I will send an ambulance and police," she askes.

"796 Peach Circle. It is the col-de-sac on the opposite side of the woods of the junkyard. It's a big, light blue house," I reply quickly.

"Alright, they are coming. Stay with your friend. Try to get him to wake up, but do not move him," she says.

"Thank you," I say before hanging up.

I turn back to the red head. "Kevin," I say shaking him lightly.

He groans.

"What happened to you?" Tears start rolling down my face. "It's okay, everything will be okay. People are coming to help you," I mutter to myself more than Kevin.

When I hear sirens, I stand and rush to the front door. I swing it open and wave my hands so the paramedics wouldn't miss me.

Everything was a blur as they rushed in and carried Kevin away. I was asked if I would go with him to the hospital and I agreed.

He shouldn't be aline.

Soon, I am sitting outside Kevin's room talking to a detective. He asked about my bruises and what I say happen before I found Kevin. I answered all his questions ands he jotted notes on his small notebook.

"Do you think maybe it was the kids who jumped you earlier? Maybe they came back and retaliated on Kevin for saving you?" he inquired.

"I suppose," I reply, exhausted.

"Well, we will ask more questions when Kevin is released. Take good care of him," he says, standing to leave.

"I will." I force a smile as the cop leaves. When he is out of view, I enter Kevin's room. I sit next to him in an uncomfortable plastic chair and watch him sleep until I myself drift off.

So...

I just want to say thank yall for all the love and support. The comment on the previous chapter just had me so hyped up for another update, I couldn't resist. I can't imagine yalls surprised when yall got a second update. Thanks again for all the views, likes, and comments.