Chapter 2

''Shit!''

''Oh God.'' Lau and I said at the same time. We were so consumed in our conversation that Lau didn't realise what she was doing, resulting in a now very angry looking driver coming out of the car we'd just banged.

We looked at each other with panicked expressions. Crap!  We were so dead.

Both of us jumped out of the car to go and inspect the damage that had ocurred to both the cars. There were a few scratches on our car. We were going to have a lot of explaining to do to Mrs. Jennings, Lau's mother. Have i mentioned that she's a judge? Yeah. We were in big trouble.

The guy who's car we'd bumped into was about our age. I couldn't see him properly as it was pretty dark. He walked up to Lau and started arguing about the car, no guesses needed.

I quickly went to where they were standing and heard him say, ''Go and drive on a field, where there'll be nothing to damage.''

Okay, that was a little harsh but then again, looking at his car, one could tell he had quite a bit of fixing to do. 

Lau was about to say something to him, not so pleasant am guessing, when i saw a traffic inspector coming our way, to check on any problems. Lau so didn't need this. Her mom would not allow this. So i took out some bills from my pocket and shoved it into the guy's hand, ''Look, we're really sorry for the damage. But we have to go right now.''

I took Lau's hand and started walking towards the car. Once there, we got in and drove off. I turned back hoping that everything was alright only to see that the car wasn't even there. It was like it never happened. 

We reached the theatre and ran in. Ann was waiting for us outside the theatre.

''Where've you guys been? The movie's going to start any minute!''

''We'll explain later. Let's get in now.'' Lau said, opening the doors to the entrance. 

We quickly found our seats and we were just getting to it when the movie started. We went and sat down putting the drinks that Ann had gotten for us while she was waiting in their place and getting ready to watch the film.

That was one hell of a movie ! Very gripping, must say. We went to the parking lot to get the car. We were just talking about the movie when Ann saw the car.

''OMG. What happened ?''

''We bumped into a car on our way here.'' I said and Lau explained the situation as we got inside and she drove to my place.

I got down once we were outside my house, waved goodbyes and went inside. 

''Katie, is that you?'' mom asked from the kitchen.

''Yes, mom'' i answered. 

''Dinner's ready. Are you hungry? How was the movie?''

''No, i'll have it in a bit. It was good.'' i said, and excusing myself i went to my bedroom. 

My house is not that big. It has a single storey. My brother, Jonah's room and mine are on top and my parents' room is down. Yes, we need our privacy. My parents' bought this house when i was two. All my memories were created here. The birthday celebrations, giggles, gossip, fights, tears, Jonah's birth, all of it. Sighing i entered my bedroom and was immediately engulfed in purple. Yes, my favourite colour is purple. Except for the walls, which were a cream colour, everything was purple. The cupboard, drawers and my bed.

I went to the cupboard, picked out my most comfortable pair of pyjamas and a top and went for a shower. Running the water, i took off my clothes and got in. I always loved taking a shower. There was something so soothing about it. It gave me time to clear my mind and think. After ten minutes, i got out, put on my clothes and fell straight, face first, on my bed. I had a project due tomorrow that i still hadn't finished and, not to forget  the test which i had to study for,

It was going to be a long night.

A/N: unedited chapter. please vote and comment. 

<3.