Chapter 12

Okay, so maybe I exxagerated a little when I said naked. He had his jeans on (thankfully!). He just din't have a shirt on. And, it was a crime to put a girl in this situation because inspite of all the hate I had for this guy I couldn't lie when I say he has the looks of a Greek God without his shirt. I hope I wasn't staring but a big part of me wanted to, probably for the rest of my life...

"Um, Katie?"

"Huh..? Um, ya! Hi, hi." I said, getting out of my trance and quickly standing up.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Sure, yeah yeah. Totally. What's wrong with me?" I gushed on, TRYING to sound casual. I have got to stop babbling!

Well, obviously my attempt to sound casual went down the drain resulting in a smirk on his lips. Dammit, Katie.

"Okay, if you say so." he said in this very slurry voice.

What's happening to me ?!!

"Cookies are ready!", Ariana came into the room all smiles. Until she saw Adrian.

"Honey, where's your shirt?!", she asked Adrian, looking rather flabbergasted. "We have a guest home. You cannot walk around like that! Now rush up and put on a shirt!"

"Okay, mom. Chill it. Katie's cool with it. Aren't you?" he said.

My mind wasn't working properly so when I saw them both staring at me, I processed the question in my head.

"Oh, um, I..." was all I could get out. Well, bonus points for me!

"Manners, Adrian. Go and put on a shirt right now." Ariana said, with this very stern look that I didn't think she could pull off. Until now, ofcourse.

I love Ariana.

Adrian went up to put on a shirt and Ariana kept the cookies on the table and went back to the kitchen. I helped myself to one cookie and taking the first bite I found out why Aaron liked them so much. They were delicious! I quickly hogged a second one, unable to resist myself. I was just chomping it down when Adrian screamed from the first floor, calling for me to "Come up already".

I couldn't be sure whether he had put his shirt on so I willed myself to not look. I walked up the stairs looking at my feet and went smack into Adrian who was standing at the top of them. Well, ignoring the embarrasment, I was glad to find out I went straight into cloth and not Greek God abs. I'm not sure how I would've handled that.

During the above rant inside my head I didn't realise that we were standing unmoving in full body contact. I did NOT like that so I went a step down and looked up to find him, smirking.

Quelle Surprise!

"Move.", I said through gritted teeth.

"After you, mylady.", he said, moving aside to make space and bowing down while doing so.

Yes, my foot that happened.

He just walked into what seemed like his room in his nonchalant attitude.

I punched myself (in my head, ofcourse) and followed him. Walking into his room I noticed his room was nothing like I expected. You know, punk rock Gods' posters covering every inch of the wall space, cranked up music blasting from the speakers, a dark environment and an obsene picture of a woman adorning his laptop homescreen.

None of that.

Infact, his room was rather lighted up having a view of that wonderful garden/poolside down. The walls showed no sign of any posters, leave Punk Rock Gods alone. He had a messy bed (the telltale sign of a male inhabitance) with his Macbook sprawled on it and a pair of headphones attached to it. To the left, there were three amazing looking guitars (A Cort, A Fender and A Taylor) tidily placed along with a drum kit right next to it. It was like a mini music room, what with all that and a whole stack of record labels and Albums next to his wardrobe. Was he a rockstar of sorts?

I walked in and hesitantly sat on one side of his bed.

"So, Miss Campbell, what do you wanna do?", he asked, closing the door to his room and coming and sitting on the other side of his bed.

"Well, Mr. Ivanov, I was thinking we could start with Calculus?", I said.

"Alright. How much are you people done with?", he asked, taking out his Calculus text from his bag and opening it to the contents page.

We were doing Calculus for about an hour. Adrian was a math brain too! What was it that this guy didn't do? We were completely into cracking this one sum when someone knocked on the door.

Ariana opened the door and told us, "Enough is enough!", that it was late. I looked at my watch to find out it was Nine already!

"Oh, I should get going. I lost complete track of time.", I said, rushing to put everything in my bag and leave.

"You're not going anywhere without having dinner, Katie." Ariana said, blocking the door with her hand.

"No, Mrs. Ivanov-I mean, Ariana, no, it's okay, it's really late and I have to be home by now. I better rush. Thanks for the offer though!" I said.

"Adrian, Honey, give me Katie's telephone number. I will talk to Mrs. Campbell. You are staying here for dinner and that is final. Adrian will drop you back home safely." she said, smiling.

I couldn't say no so I just smiled my yes.

Ariana rang mom up and told her I'll be late and all. Two minutes after she kept the phone with mom I got a call. Guess who!

"Yes, mom, I'll be fine. I'll be home as soon as possible." I said into the phone.

Hanging up, we all went downstairs to the dining room and sat ourselves down. Aaron came from the garden and sat down next to Adrian.

"How's my little man doing?" Adrian asked him, with this tone of affection I didn't know he possessed.

"Not little! Just man. Seth didn't come to school today. Said he was down with fever." Aaron said, with his hands going everywhere explaining his words.

They spoke about things I didn't even know. Yet, I smiled at the bond they shared as it was only too familiar to me.

"You like what you see, aye?" Adrian said, catching me smile.

"Aye." I said, not realising what he meant.

The expression of shock that took over his face, even if it was only for a millisecond, was completely priceless!

I switched from being confused to angry to feeling stupid to full fledged grinning within a matter of seconds.

"Dinner's ready!" said Ariana, coming out of the kitchen with a dish in her hand.

"Hey, bakeball, you're on!" I said.

All three of them looked at me like I was a ghost or something.

And then they just shook it off and went back to normal.

I figured it was no big deal...

Yeah, right!

A/N : So, I'm actually developing the story this time. xD Like, thinking of my future chapters an not randonly writing. Hope you liked it. Unedited, btw! :P Kbye. ^_^

-H.