Chapter 18

Hello. :) Hope all is good! Here's my latest update very much unedited and just for you. ^.^ Enjoy!

Chapter 18

''Now, class, I really want you to take this test seriously as I will be grading you on this. It will be conducted next Thursday. I want all of you to fair well, alright?''

We all mumbled a yes to Mr. Mallinock. He sounded pretty serious about this test considering the fact he rarely kept any for the entire class. So, it looked like all of us had to gear up. I turned to Nik and saw her cringe. She kind of didn't like Math all that much. She actually just plain hated it. 

Looking to my right, I saw Adrian lost in thought about something. It was weird looking at him. I still couldn't figure out why I felt all sullen because of him being absent. I ended up thinking about it for quite a long time last night and so I hardly slept for a few hours. In the morning, before classes started, I asked him why he didn't come. He said he wasn't well but I don't think that's it. I didn't push him though, I mean I only knew the guy for a week or so. I had no right on his personal life.

''See, I know you love me and all, but you're kinda creeping me out.'' I didn't realize I was staring at him, I was all lost in my thoughts.

Okay, this was embarrasing. Having no response whatsoever, I just turned my head to the front of the class. Mr. Mallinock was handing out some sheets to the class and about two minutes after, that the bell rang. I just grabbed a copy of the sheets and made it for the exit as soon as I could. 

''Kat, I was just-'' 

I think I heard Lau calling after me but I just left anyway. I needed to get out of here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Laureen's POV

Okay, what was up with her now? I picked up my books, grabbed my bag and collected the worksheets from the front desk as I was going out. I looked to the right and then left. I saw Kat walking unusually fast.

''Kat! Katie!'', I tried calling out to her. It was pretty crowded in the hallway as the classes were just over. I went past the crowd trying to get to her.

''Katie, wait up!''

Finally, she turned and saw me. She looked a little weird for a second and then just smiled randomly. She waited till I caught up to her.

''What's the matter? Why did you sprint out of there?'', I asked her, now worried.

''No, I didn't. It's nothing. I just wanted to get to P.E fast. You know how Coach Malik can get.'', she said, obviously trying to hide something. Not that she wasn't good at it, I just knew her too well.

''K, spill. What happened?'' She knows I don't like beating around the bush, especially when it's between us. 

''Nothing! I'm fine! It's just as I said, P.E.'' she said.

''Honey, we both have History right now. And, we both know Mrs. Grayson cares less about us attending class. Now will you tell me what's going on?'' I said, my eyebrows raised. 

For a minute she tried thinking of some other reason and then she sighed, accepting defeat. She looked behind me as if looking for someone and then took my hand and went down the hallway and out onto our field. We went and sat down at our usual spot, straight down, to the other end of it. 

''Okay so yeah......'', Kat started.

''Yeah...go on.''

She didn't. She was just looking into space for a second and then suddenly looked like realization bells were ringing all the way.