Chapter 14

Present Day.

After getting home last night, I got a pretty bad cold thanks to the time and again relationship I share with the weather.

I texted Laureen then saying I might not make it to school today and yet here I was, sneezing my way into school. I don't even know why I did it. There were no tests I would get screwed for bunking nor were there any events taking place. Stupid, stupid me.

"Hello, Katster! D'you get some?", Sarah hollered at my face with this total accent. Then when she couldn't keep up any longer, she just burst out laughing. How typical.

"Yeah, totally nigga.", I said nonchalantly. The acting hormones run in the Campbell blood, you see.

But apparently I was underestimating myself because Laureen gave me an expression that clearly said Whaaaat! You got some?!

"I was Kidding, Lau. Ever heard of playing along?"

She straightened her expression and said, "Yeah, ofcourse you were. I was just...thinking about something else. That's all."

Now she, not that good an actress.

"Campbello!"

I turned and found Nikita all bright and cheery as usual.

"Aherno...?", I said, kind of confused if it sounded right.

"So, what happened yesterday with Hotface?"

"With Jerkface?", I asked.

"Well atleast you admit that he's hot.", Ahern said. "My good influence it is.", she said giving an angelic smile.

"Oh yeah, totally! I just could not stop drooling over him!", I said, sarcasm personified.

And then I remembered the moments where I was muted because of his Greek God abs. And just as quickly I snapped out of it. No way in hell was I telling them that. It would be along the lines of setting up a voodoo doll of me and pricking away at it. Not cool.

"C'mon! It's so obvious. The dude is a top class hottie.", she said, trying to make her point.

"No, he is not. And I will tell you what is obvious. That I do not care. So what if he might be a rockstar.", I said, trying to make My point. Clearly, I over-tried.

"Rockstar? He's a what?", Lau asked me, finally getting into her element.

I said it like it was no big deal, even if it was. Maybe. Kinda. "He just had a guitar and all that so I figured. Din't really ask him about it so I'm not sure."

Okay, three guitars. And a drum kit. And a whole collection of some of my favourite artists (I was looking at them while doing "Calculus"). So what. No. Big. Deal.

"Did you hear him play? Does he sing? Oh I can so imagine him with this too good to be true voice...", said Nikita, sighing.

We all exchanged looks, stared at her lost in thought, looked back at each other and silently agreed on walking to our class, leaving her there ofcourse.

Mrs. Woodsen had taken off today as well. This thing just got more and more suspicious. We all got into class excited about yet another free class when I was called by Mr. Walter. Again. I sighed and got out of the class.

When I reached the office I saw that he was waiting for me so I walked in after waving to Mrs. Tuck.

"Hello, Katie. How are you?", Mr. Walter greeted me.

I sneezed in return so I guess that answered his question.

"Not so well. Anyway, I called you down here to discuss about the School Dance coming up in three weeks. I hope you're aware of it?", he said.

School Dance? Nobody told me anything. My expression must've given me away.

"I reminded Mrs. Tuck ten times. That lady...", sighed Mr. Walter.

"Oh look, your coordinating partner's here!", he said and the door to his room opened.

With my luck, I think it's pretty obvious who the 'Coordinating partner' was.

A.N : So yeah.. :P Another update. :D I hope you like it! Unedited, yes. :) Enjoy. ^_^
- H.